ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 racing blue project

Clio 182
Hi guys I'm new to using these kind of forums so please go easy on me.
I have recently picked up a racing blue 182 and I am currently in the process of getting it ready for when my insurance renews in October which is when I'll be finally be able to get behind the wheel properly.
I've so far fitted new lamda sensors and a ktec induction kit but have a put together a long list of things to do or repair.
I've started with the headlights as they were very dull, faded and scratched. I have given them or should I say attempted to restore them but I was told by the previous owner they have already been done once and I personally think I need new headlights as there is as many mark on the inside of the lens as there is on the face.
I have searched on here and other online forums and have yet to find someone who has the answer to my question.
Where can I buy replacement headlights which will be xenon as standard?
Or
How do you get around running a HID kit even though it's illegal too. Can you tint the headlights or am I just talking a load of rubbish?
Or
Do I run standard halogen Headlights? Xenons obviously look better but it seems to be currently the only option
I have attached some pictures of the old girl so you can see what she looks like
Thanks in advance for anyone who can answer my questions
20170621_183356.jpg
20170621_183404.jpg

Attachments

• 20170712_200355.jpg
    20170712_200355.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 71

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Xenons are standard lights unless off a cup model. Dont go HID route. Definetly stick with xenons.

You'll be able to pick up headlights off here. They come up regularly for around £60-100 depending on condition. Pics of yours up close to show the scratch? .

If there not that bad, i'd flat them with wet and dry, going through the grades. (1200, 1500, 2000, 2500) then a polish.

Clio 182
Xenons are standard lights unless off a cup model. Dont go HID route. Definetly stick with xenons.

You'll be able to pick up headlights off here. They come up regularly for around £60-100 depending on condition. Pics of yours up close to show the scratch? .

If there not that bad, i'd flat them with wet and dry, going through the grades. (1200, 1500, 2000, 2500) then a polish.

I have the standard xenon headlights and have wet sanded them/polished them and they look ok when they are not on. But as soon as you turn them on the marks on the inside of the lens and deeper scratches on the exterior of the lens are highlighted and look hideous.
I will get a picture of them tomorrow

Clio 182
Laguna splitter also? Getting rare nowdays.

Personally I think they look too big for the 182s but it's personal preference.
Yeah it came with the car and I agree it looks too big for the car. I may invest in the ktec one of even the skoda one. Although I wish you could buy a universal overider to cover the cut edge but I have not seen any for sale

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Fabia looks best for the money.

Ktec carbon ones are nice, but chip easy. I speak from experience!

The price of a genuine cup one was £253 last time I checked!!

172 Cup
Looks like a tidy 182!

Agree with all above posts regarding splitter and xenons.

Is it worth going over the headlights with a restoration kit?

RS 200 CUP
Looks like a great starting point. I recently picked up a 172 and am waiting til October to insure it too but I do go out in it occasionally using an app called Cuvva (short term insurance). Pretty cheap to take it on a run out on a nice weather weekend drive but cost depends quite a bit on where you live.