ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 rear stub axles

Clio 182
Just wondering are the stub axle assemblys all the same on the mk2 range? I know that not all will have abs sensors but apart from them are they all identical?

Regards
Dan

Clio 182
No the actual stub axle has different thicknesses depending on the model, I had the same issue when I needed a new one

b****cks! Going to the scrap hard tomorrow and what's the chances I'm going to find a sport there :/

Clio Mk2 Ph3
image.jpg

RS1 all 172 models
RS2 all 182 models

Just measured it for you mate and its 18mm thick on each side. Thats only done with a ruler as I didn't have my vernier callipers to hand but should be accurate enough! The photo above shows the difference in thickness between the two! Hope that helps :)

Clio 182
Just measured it for you mate and its 18mm thick on each side. Thats only done with a ruler as I didn't have my vernier callipers to hand but should be accurate enough! The photo above shows the difference in thickness between the two! Hope that helps :)

Okay thanks dude, so the stub axle pictured above, im guessing they come away from the hub part? Because it doesn't look like it on my hub, but that might be because its so rusty :)

clio 182
Sorry for brining up an old post but is it just the holes on the mounting plate that differ in size? and are normal 172 versions different to the cup version?

2002 clio 172
Sorry for brining up an old post but is it just the holes on the mounting plate that differ in size? and are normal 172 versions different to the cup version?

just found out a bit about this. the cup has a thicker base plate. where you look at the axle, you can see the plate where the 4 holes are is about 8mm thicker on the cup - I'm not sure if its interchangeable.

they are expensive from renault (isn't everything?) so i tried renspares. Josh had them in stock and they were about 36pounds from memory

Clio 182
Might as well keep this zombie thread going.

Just got hold of a replacement stub axle for my 182. Went for the thin based option (RenParts were happy to supply based on what I told them) as I'm on standard suspension. Have I made an @rse of this? Can't tell if it's thin on 172, fat on 182 or thin on standard, fat on Cup

Can someone confirm if I have made a @rse of the situation?

CursedTitanium 182FF
Might as well keep this zombie thread going.

Just got hold of a replacement stub axle for my 182. Went for the thin based option (RenParts were happy to supply based on what I told them) as I'm on standard suspension. Have I made an @rse of this? Can't tell if it's thin on 172, fat on 182 or thin on standard, fat on Cup

Can someone confirm if I have made a @rse of the situation?

For the 182 you need the fatter ones, as said above.

Clio 182
Thanks for confirming. Just had another look at the one I've just received and it was bent to fook anyway! Might bite the bullet and get a new one this time