ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Refresh

Clio 182
Getting my 182 looked at by a mechanic friend of mine on Monday and have approx. £400 to spend on getting some things fixed up and refreshed. Just a little more details on the car:
- 80k miles
- Cambelt done in 2012
- Scorpion Exhaust
- Cooksport Springs
- RSTuner Remap
- Tyres plenty of tread
- Rear shocks replaced 5k miles ago
- Serviced 3k / 6 months ago (crappy garage)

Am getting him to check the discs and pads all round and will replace them based on recommendations on here but wondering what else you think may need changing at this point? I hear a lot about replacing shocks, bushes, wishbones etc. but have no idea what they are! Are they easy for him to check?

Ideally I'd like to give him a list of things to check (based on some of the answers here) and will replace as necessary!

Thanks

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Engine mounts would worth checking. Worth upgrading at least the dog bone mount. Really makes a nice difference

Reactions: Gus
  Clio 182
it's a car and he's a mechanic, you don't need to give him a list of things to check.

I meant more specifics such as the suggestion James gave (Thanks James). He's doing it as a favour so not going over it with a fine toothed comb.

Thanks for your insightful comment.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Check when brake fluid was last changed in service book/folder,this often gets overlooked ime. Not an expensive job at all, and fresh decent brake fluid makes a difference

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
exhaust mounts fail quickly but im sure your mate will pick up on that. if you need brakes then G 172 above has the best prices. perhaps check the pollen filter as that gets overlooked.

Clio 182
Cheers for the help guys. Turns out most of the stuff I thought might have needed replacing was okay. Instead he found someone had bodged the rear brakes (didn't replace a washer of some sort) and somehow they had welded themselves to the stub axle. £450 later and that was with a discount!