ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 RPM query..

JP4'd 03 Black VTR
I have fitted a piper cross to my car and im not sure if my cars always done this or not, i have only just noticed that my car is revving to 7100RPM i know a fear bit about cars im sure an air filter would not change my rpm limiter because as far as i know the 182 only revs 6500 RPM.

any ideas?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I have fitted a piper cross to my car and im not sure if my cars always done this or not, i have only just noticed that my car is revving to 7100RPM i know a fear bit about cars im sure an air filter would not change my rpm limiter because as far as i know the 182 only revs 6500 RPM.

any ideas?

Two limiters, one hot, one cold, the 6500 is the cold one.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
And if it's not revving past 6500 when it's warm, check you've got the correct spark plugs!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Any reason they leave the cold rev limit so high?

They dont want to totally kill your ability to drive the car when semi warm, just stop the really high rpm abuse, I dont think for a minute they are suggesting though that you should start the car from cold and bounce it off the 6500rpm limiter the second you pull away.