ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Side skirt screws - removal

Cliocup182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
I've removed the side skirts and had to unscrew the x2 screws on the drivers and passengers side sills - in the process every screw broke leaving most still in the hole. Any recommendations to remove the remaining screws? Cheers!

Cliocup182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
Just cut off the spire clips and buy some new ones mate.
I'm not seeing any spire clips because they are behind the arch liner I'm guessing?
Does that mean that I have to take out the front arch liners then?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
The side skirt sits over the arch liner, no need to remove them to get the skirts off. If the head has snapped off and the rivets are drilled out of the skirt it should come away. If I were you I'd refit the skirt with small dome headed stainless bolts with unlocks instead of rivets so you can annually remove for maintenance

Cliocup182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
The side skirt sits over the arch liner, no need to remove them to get the skirts off. If the head has snapped off and the rivets are drilled out of the skirt it should come away. If I were you I'd refit the skirt with small dome headed stainless bolts with unlocks instead of rivets so you can annually remove for maintenance
Could you provide the details of the "dome headed stainless bolts with unlocks" so I can get a set. Your idea is a good one so I can keep the maintenance going and keep an eye on things every year or so.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
@Cliocup182!

Cliocup182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
@Cliocup182!

Cheers buddy!

Cliocup182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
I used small stainless washers as well, form b or c, can remember
Cheers I've got them now. Just need to finish off the paintwork before fitting the sideskirts back on again. Will be handy to be able to take off every spring to give it and behind the fuel cap a good wash out 👍🏻👍🏻