ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 suspension

Clio 182
Hello,

First of all, sorry for my English, i'm a (flying)Dutchman and i own a Clio 182 and i love it.
Now i want to lower my car between 40 and 60mm with a good coilover kit.

Of course i know there're a lot of suspension topics, but
I have a question for the Clio 182 pilots with track days experience.

My car is for daily use, but i like track days(1-3x year) and drag racing(4-5x year).
So i like to have a little bit of comfort, but the possibillity to use a harder track setup.

What are the best kits i can buy for 900-1100 GBP?
Thank you for all the information i can use!!

Last edited:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
If your car has cup packs then your options are a little more limited.

From what I've read -

H&R's - Nice reasonably comfy coilovers on the road if not a little too soft on the track.

GAZ - Not that great in all aspects and well under budget so can ignore.

AST's - I know you can spec different spring rates and have the shocks valved dependant on spring choice but they seem very track focussed so may not be too good on the road depending on how good the roads are in the Netherlands (I have never been)

Sportline's with Whiteline ARB - Wont drop the car as low as you have asked but this setup seems to be getting great reviews on here at the moment but that may be until the next big thing comes aslong.

KW V3's - I think you can get these for Cup Packed 182 - This would be my choice if available from what I've read about them for both road and track.

FK's - I don't believe they produce any for cup packed 182's

*Please note I have not had experience with any of these setups except GAZ :( I'm just going from what I've read over the years and from memory.

Clio 182
Thanks for the information so far!

The Clio B CUP, Jean Ragnotti and Trophy were never on the market in the Netherlands. :(

The roads are not bad, but in the the city's there are a lot of these ^%&@# :evil: things!
GroteFoto-W7IOJRY4.jpg

Last edited:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
You have a wider choice of suspensioin to choose from then as 172 Coilovers should also fit.

Have you used the search function as I'm sure over the years there have been many similar threads started.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
In the Netherlands i can't find the KW V3 for the Clio 182. :(

See if you can get them for 172's.... If you do not have the Ragnotti/Trophy in the Netherlands then the 172 Coilovers will fit your 182

Clio 182
Oké, thanks!

This is very nice, from Yozzasport! Bilstein PSS10. But they will cost £2050+VAT. :(

Foto-O4X7XDBB.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Yozzasport are not really doing public trading anymore.... I know Fred at BTM is working on some Coilovers but its all hush hush and no definitive date on when they will be fabricated and ready for sale.

Clio 182
Oke thanks!

I think i have to choose between these 5 kits:
1) Bilstein B14PSS
2) GAZ GGA466
3) FK Konigsport
4) Koni / Eibach
5) KW v2

What is your final choise for daily use and a few track days a year....and why?

And how low can you go(on the back) with the KW V2? Maximum 20mm? That's not much!

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,
just on a sidenote.
it pays to shop around and get a quote from the uk aswell.
I have found Holland quite expensive for some parts (seats, exhausts) it was cheaper including shipping to get it from the UK.

172/1.2/E30
be aware! cup packs were available in continental europe. if your 182 has the anthra wheels from factory then it is cup packed and your choice will be more limited (60mm bracket).