ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 upgrade to Cup Suspension

wms_f1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Hi

After some advice please. Ive seen a lovely looking standard 182 for sale very close to where I live. It has the Cup Spoiler Pack, but doesnt have the Cup Suspension Pack. Personally I am looking for a 182 with both Cup packs, so I thought could I just change the suspension elements on this one?

I know that the Hubs, Shocks and Springs are different, so these would need to be changed. Ive done some research, but cant find a definitive answer on all the other parts. I put a post on csoc group on faceache and got the usual replies of stick coilovers on it mate!! :rolleyes:

Can anyone help on letting me know what else needs changing please?

Thanks

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Hubs, shocks, springs and abs rings were the only changes I believe.

You can fit 172 cup shocks to non cup pack cars if you want slightly uprated o es without the hassle of swapping hubs over.

wms_f1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Thanks for the replies.

Would you guys say is it worth the work of upgrading to the 182 Cup Suspension?

Or would sticking a set of 172 Cup shocks provide a large proportion of the benefit?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Good info, thanks! I did do my research and there seems to be conflicting views on this...we need a driveshaft “sticky”

It's the 172 cup that has different shafts, missing the support bearing.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thanks for the replies.

Would you guys say is it worth the work of upgrading to the 182 Cup Suspension?

Or would sticking a set of 172 Cup shocks provide a large proportion of the benefit?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really but if your refreshing the rest of the suspension anyway its not a huge amount of work to swap the hubs over.

Did you end up doing this? I have a nice low mileage 182 but it doesn’t have the cup suspension and I always feel like it’s the one thing that lets it down a little. I don’t mind the extra work if it isn’t mega money to change it.