ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 values

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
Is it me or have Clio 182 values plummeted recently? I have been trying to sell mine for a few weeks and not a sniff!

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
its because the 197 been out for a while now so are getting more afordable. i'd have thought most are trying to "strech" and go for a 197 than a late 182. imo

but i dont know what year you 182 is so thats just my guess at why

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
It's on Pistonheads but can't do it on here I don't think coz not a full member. I have been looking around Autotrader and the like and have seen them as cheap as £5000. Some are cheaper than mine even with less miles! Trade/auction price is £5300 so want more than that! Are some people selling them too cheap or do you reckon they are wrecks at that price?

As above, 197 prices are pushing eveything down.

The way things are going, most mint 182's with low mileage are struggling to go for 7K.

182 Clio
I've been told that the used market is full of 182's and that is one of the reasons why the market is going down fast. ots have been part ex'd for the 197, especially with the 0% finance.
It is a buyers market for a used one.

172 FF
It's a shame all the clio sports are become so cheap I bought my 172 with 60k on for £6k just over a year ago and that was the cheapest one i'd seen near me! now its worth about £3k as its got 82k miles how anoying!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I don't think Trophy prices are helping either, dipping below 8k now. For most people, the extra 1-1.5k is easily worth it.

MY10 R35 GTR
I been trying to sell mine, 55reg 34k warranty till Nov for 7.5k no takers

But I reckon its down to the trophies, your getting more for you money.

ST
Yeah they sell it for you, as in you give it to them for a set period of time, 7/14 days or whatever, they give you a figure for it, they offer you 8k for it but they'll have it out for around £8800 or the likes, if they sell it for £8600, they've made £600 for doing bugger all..

Iain did this with the silver 182 he had with Parks Renault near me..fair enough they never sold the car as he sold it on here but its worth a try mate..

Alfa Romeo 145 QV
Ive had my 33k 05 Cup up for £6500 and ive had very little serious interest!

It must be the cheapest around. Maybe its scaring people off but its an excellent example.

Still, its just as well im not too eager to sell it! A friend of mine sold his 45k 04 182 for £5300 yesterday and that took a while!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

It must be the cheapest around. Maybe its scaring people off but its an excellent example.

Still, its just as well im not too eager to sell it! A friend of mine sold his 45k 04 182 for £5300 yesterday and that took a while!

This is quite a common problem, selling it for "not enough" scares people, they sumtimes think "whys it so cheap bla bla"

Find out what the rest are selling for then undercut them by £250-500

Somtimes a car can be priced too cheaply!

Alfa Romeo 145 QV

This is quite a common problem, selling it for "not enough" scares people, they sumtimes think "whys it so cheap bla bla"

Find out what the rest are selling for then undercut them by £250-500

I think youre right.

Id let it go should someone offer me the money but in all honesty i dont really want to sell it!

Its only for sale due to the mileage i cover but if i have to drive 90 miles a day, theres not much id rather do it in! Still, sometimes the head must rule over the heart!

Somtimes a car can be priced too cheaply!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Thats dirt cheap. Someone got a serious bargain, cup packs?
It's also the time when a lot of cars are coming out of warranty, makes a lot of people sell up.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

It's also the time when a lot of cars are coming out of warranty, makes a lot of people sell up.

lol, especially when you have a car that needs a warranty.

Definition of a genius? Extended Warranty on a Clio lol

Alfa Romeo 145 QV

It was one of the few that had neither cup packs. It was still a lovely car though.
He wanted to sell it quickly as he bought it as a favour off a friend of ours who is going away travelling.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50

It was one of the few that had neither cup packs. It was still a lovely car though.
He wanted to sell it quickly as he bought it as a favour off a friend of ours who is going away travelling.

Hmm, dirt cheap? Mines 54 plated, black which I'm lead to believe is a desired colour and has the cup suspension and alloys yet no takers and is not much more money. So it's got 20k more on the clock but still...

Chelsea tractor
It's not just 197's or 182 saturation pushing the prices down. Due to the current state of the world economy, financial institutions are less willing to loan money. This has the knock on effect of people being less willing to spend money. When people aren't spending money, prices go down.

That's life I'm afraid.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Hmm, dirt cheap? Mines 54 plated, black which I'm lead to believe is a desired colour and has the cup suspension and alloys yet no takers and is not much more money. So it's got 20k more on the clock but still...
Lot of miles on a clio, given the other cars available at that price.

Laguna 2, Westfield
If the car is a rare combination or really low miles or even just really clean like Rich's, then you can still get top money.. just most people say theirs is mint but in reality they are pretty poor so they dont get shifted.
I had to look at loads of 'mint' 182 until i bought a mint one 6 months ago.
My Bro works at a main renault dealer and just two months ago they shifted a silver 55 with 9000 miles for over £10k but it was completely perfect(expensive yes) i think it helped they had some really really bad ones too for not alot less lol

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I never advertise a car as 'mint', normally VGC that way when the purchaser arrives thinking it's going to be as described they are supprised;)

Last 5 cars i have sold all sold to first to view.

Too many time wasters not advertising accurate. We have all been there, had a day out to veiw a car arrived, one quick look & back home, Gutted!!!!!!!!!

'91 Clio RT =D
you all know that apart from computer, cars are the worst investment.

Good news for me as I will be looking to get a 172 or a 182 when im a bit older, could get one cheap now :)

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
I might just stick it in my Dad's garage for 20-25 years. Bring it out then, and people will be re-discovering the "old-skool" 182! Mine will be low mileage then!!! :D