ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 vs VX220

Ive seen quite a few VX220s for sale for around the £14k mark and they are absolutely fab but is it worth getting rid of the 182 for one?

They are more practical than an elise and as I dont have kids or anything....

I thought about these when I was looking at a new car, bottom line......

YOU WANT THE TURBO!! so looking at about 18K if you dont get the turbo one you will just wish you had got it.

Thats how I think anyway, The 182 is newer cheaper and has more of the conforts in it. Can it be beaten for value for money?

In all honesty id love a vx220 but cant justify spending the extra money for it. If you can i say GO FOR IT!!

Im seriously thinking about it, only had the 182 for a few months and I love it but the bits that are going wrong already and the treatment from the dealer are making it difficult to stay loyal!

Must say though if the Doris thinks Im looking at other cars after the grief I had convincing her that the 182 was the one.......

What do you see in the vx220 (non turbo) which is noticeably better than the 182? Obviously it looks better but thats about it, you will find that 0-100 they are about the same, yes it will handle a bit better but will it be worth getting rid of the 182 for that tho. I wouldnt swap unless you are going for the turbo!

Ive got a 2.2 VX and a 182..............

The Clio is slightly slower 0-60 tha the VX, but slightly quicker 60-100, so 0-100 is similar

Im actually selling the VX - its a wnonderful car, but for my average driving ability I am actually a quicker driver in the Clio

You can use a VX through winter, but the heater is crap, the roof can leak and they arent much fun when its icy. And they are bloody noisy over 80mph - you cant hear anything

But as a driving experience when its warm and sunny - get the roof off, and they are awesome. The steering is not assisted and is perfect

The turbo VX is quicker in a straight line, but the 2.2 is as quick round a track - they handle better and are more raw than the turbo

And you get so many stares in the VX its ridiculous!!!

The biggest differenc between the 2 for me is the Clio is a great handling fun car, the VX is the same but you feel special driving it

Ignore comments about the turbo being the much better car

The 2.2 is sometimes forgotten about now that the turbo is about - but the 2.2 handles better and is the rawer experience

But if you are into tuning and massive power, the turbo is the better option

NA VX are pants unless you wanna do trackdays personal preference of course.... A mate has one and my other halfs 172 lashes it.. Bottom line is you will get sick using as everyday car... Timescale on this depends on person and is personal preference.. 182 good all rounder and if you search posts has been some vids with VX Turbo V 172 on track and 172 aint far behind...

As previously stated 2.2 handles better than Turbo but would have to be a really keen driver to really take advantage which most people aint.

Personally would go for the Lotus (Obviously money prevailing!) if was gonna have a little go kart! And would always be my second car just to enjoy on track

Cheers all, thanks for the comments. I think I just need to go and drive a couple and see if I really could live with it as my only everyday car. I hope so cos whenever I see one I feel like I just gotta get one :devilish:

The main worry is that Im... well lets put it like this, quite well upholstered and of robust proportions and it might be a pain in the arse struggling in and out with the roof on, Ill have to see.

Will be a struggle but like mentioned personal preference... You will not be impressed with performance if you have a 182 only handling... Try driving one you may change your mind