ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182...what do you dislike?

I'm honestly struggling to think of anything...

If there's a way of flashing your lights when they're on I've yet to work it out. That really winds me up. I just wave at people these days.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm honestly struggling to think of anything...

If there's a way of flashing your lights when they're on I've yet to work it out. That really winds me up. I just wave at people these days.

Don't use the auto lights and you can.

Don't know how to turn them off tbh. Don't you have to turn the lights off then on then off then on then off or some crap?

Probably easier to just live with not being able to flash people.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Sorry, i meant actually turn the lights on with the switch even if they are already on.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah, if you move the light switch to on, it's possible to flash someone without them staying on like when the switch is "off" but the lights are on.

This is the reason i think auto lights are pointless.

* Size of steering wheel
* Shape of seats: I think, when view from the front/rear they are too square and should be more "body" shaped e.g. like the Audi RS/S/TT ones
* The "feel" of the gearbox is a bit embaressing compared to say, a fiesta.

Needless to say everythign else makes you forget this straight away.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Yeah, if you move the light switch to on, it's possible to flash someone without them staying on like when the switch is "off" but the lights are on.

This is the reason i think auto lights are pointless.

So you think auto lights are pointless becasue it stops you from doing something your not actually ment to be doing anyway (according to the highway code) :S

260% JCW
Twin drinking straws for exhaust pipes

Silver seatbelts that get filthy

No iceberg silver

Grey headlights

The fact that it isn't much better than a 172

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So you think auto lights are pointless becasue it stops you from doing something your not actually ment to be doing anyway (according to the highway code) :S

It's more the fact it has no click between low and high beam when it's in the off position that annoys me.

2003 172
The standard 182 Cup wipers.
The click from the wipers(relay) when on intermittent.
The cruise control not allowing me to select some speeds(ie 30mph is probably the most annoying(it's either 29mph or 31mph). Also no 45mph, 48mph, 50mph and a few others- can you tell this bugs me).
The alarm beeps sometimes(3 times- mostly when parking at work).
The initial body roll on turn in.
Useless standard brakes(on mine at least).
Not so great damping over small "stuttering" bumps(I can feel the dampers packing down), which leads me to...
...The slightly over-sensitive throttle pedal when cruising- bumps can cause me gain or lose 10mph without wanting me too(tiniest movement by my right foot).
Backend feels a bit floaty.

Other than that- its the usual Renault stuff that I knew about before I bought it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Us none cup owners dream of having intermittent, auto wipers are biggest load of tosh ever.

182cup & 172 racecar
The standard 182 Cup wipers.
The click from the wipers(relay) when on intermittent.
The cruise control not allowing me to select some speeds(ie 30mph is probably the most annoying(it's either 29mph or 31mph). Also no 45mph, 48mph, 50mph and a few others- can you tell this bugs me).
The alarm beeps sometimes(3 times- mostly when parking at work).
The initial body roll on turn in.
Useless standard brakes(on mine at least).
Not so great damping over small "stuttering" bumps(I can feel the dampers packing down), which leads me to...
...The slightly over-sensitive throttle pedal when cruising- bumps can cause me gain or lose 10mph without wanting me too(tiniest movement by my right foot).
Backend feels a bit floaty.

Other than that- its the usual Renault stuff that I knew about before I bought it.
Sounds like you have a bad one.

Z4
Full beam blinding people when you flick the lights (on auto)
Steering wheel feels rough
Alarm beep after locking
Yozza makes my ears bleed sometimes, great when you're in the mood though.

I'm happy to put up with those things though tbh, its a great little thing to drive and thats the main thing. Can't complain for the money!

Ultra Red 2008 197
Huge, melted steering wheel and turning circle. But it still puts a grin on my face whenever I give it a hoofing.

Have had loads of cars, some seen as great, some not, but ALL with their own character and the Cup has that in spades :)

2003 172
Sounds like you have a bad one.

Those are the things I don't like about 182(Cups) in general.
I have a LOT longer list of issues with my particular car.

As someone else put, I think the engine noise is pretty crap. But I did come from a V6 to this(MG ZS 180) which sounded awesome.

2003 172
I also have a Cup and don't recognise most of those symptoms.
Ok,
The wipers- the slowest speed is nigh-on as quick as continuous. Plus they click at the top and bottom. I'm not the only one to be annoyed by this(now changed for wipers with variable speed on them).
CC issue- not sure about this one. I've not looked into it properly.
Alarm beeping- mentioned at least twice by others in this thread alone.
Body roll on turn-in- admittedly I don't notice this as much any more but it annoyed me when I first got the car as my last car didn't.
Brakes- this is perhaps a little unfair as I think this is down to the cheapest pads in the world that come on the car and will be getting changed soon.
Damping- i've been in more than one 182 along the same road and it had the same characteristics as mine. They are horrible undulating fenland roads with off-camber bumps mid corner etc and on better roads the damping is fine. Again, i'm comparing this to my last car over the same stretch of road which the nose didn't push wide on a constant throttle. I suspect i'd be slightly better off with the non-cup suspension for ultimate pace here.
Throttle- a little less sensitivity at small openings would suit me better at times.
Backup floatiness- I had a lot more weight over the rear on my last car so it's just a personal thing.

I still like the car though and these are more minor niggles than deal-breakers.

182cup & 172 racecar
See,when you think about them,they really aren't that bad are they.

I could think of lots of little things,but then it's not a 25k car.