ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182...what do you dislike?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If you can "afford" to buy and run a 360 why does that automatically mean you also have loads more excess cash?
Exactly, someone i know pretty much skinted himself to buy a 360, or so i'm told by friends.

And also, why not have a clio as a daily driver, i suspect most supercar drivers will have a hot hatch to pootle around in, high mileage supercars are worthless.

And to adz, i never doubted you ;) , i also thought you were born in 89 at first which made me feel like a failure being born in 89 and not having a ferrari yet :p , but my real question is what are you a lord of? Or did you get one of them lord packs from play.com where you have shared ownership of a lake in Scotland.

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
If you can "afford" to buy and run a 360 why does that automatically mean you also have loads more excess cash?

Exactly, If I was completely loaded i'd have a F430 or an order on the new 458 :D

I like the Clio as its a 4 seater unlike the F and also I have use of another 2 seater car.

I can take the Clio anywhere and not worry about it (unlike the F). It has lots of nice extras and i've uprated everything on it too.

So not sure why I'm getting grief for having a Clio Sport as a daily as it's cheap to run, economical and reliable. :rasp:

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
thats a 172.

Its a 172 Cup ;)

Still looks the nuts :D

Exactly, someone i know pretty much skinted himself to buy a 360, or so i'm told by friends.

And also, why not have a clio as a daily driver, i suspect most supercar drivers will have a hot hatch to pootle around in, high mileage supercars are worthless.

And to adz, i never doubted you ;) , i also thought you were born in 89 at first which made me feel like a failure being born in 89 and not having a ferrari yet :p , but my real question is what are you a lord of? Or did you get one of them lord packs from play.com where you have shared ownership of a lake in Scotland.

You're right lots of the boys that own these cars have something they like to boot around in. We cant do shopping in our F's or Lambos as you're gonna get your door smashed in by someone parking next to you.

I know someone who has a 370 bhp Mk1 Golf GTI as his "daily" :D

Then again, the video of me in my mates F40 at Wilton House, well he owns 4 Ferrari's and his Daily is a very nice Jag :D

Re the plate, Had that for 10 years now. Be nice to think people I was born in 1989 lol. Sadly I'm 34 now...still feel young :D

As for the Lordship, that's for another day but I have no land in Jockland :rasp:

S3, Polo
Nice cars Adz!

I am truly stunned that someone would question you owning a Fezza! Hat's off to you for proving it though!

In your position, I'd not bother justifying myself to someone that would be so crass! Unbelievable that you were put in that position!

Maybe that's just me though.

I actually care very little what others think...

:)

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
Nice cars Adz!

I am truly stunned that someone would question you owning a Fezza! Hat's off to you for proving it though!

In your position, I'd not bother justifying myself to someone that would be so crass! Unbelievable that you were put in that position!

Maybe that's just me though.

I actually care very little what others think...

:)

It's ok, I dont mind the doubters. I'll talk about my watch one day which will get everyone calling me a liar :D

S3, Polo
It's ok, I dont mind the doubters. I'll talk about my watch one day which will get everyone calling me a liar :D

Go on, watch-a got?

I've got a lovely Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute...

...that I got from a 'street jeweller' in Saudi :eek: :)

Mini Cooper S sport
I'll take you out in it but you cant drive it :D

I needed a daily car so I bought the Clio. It seems ok and does a job. Has four seats and gets from A to B without reliability problems :D

The F is a whole different ball game. Shocking running costs, probably losing about a grand a month on depreciation etc etc...but its great fun.

I get to go out on some cracking supercar runs and meet some great people at great places. We're all good friends and meet up every couple of weeks.

Went to Lord Pembrokes castle with over 100 of us supercars there, Hedingham Castle, Cliveden etc. Chris Evans pops along sometimes (he wont mind me saying that) as well as a couple of other celebs.

We do a lot of charity runs, especially for Little Havens childrens hospice :approve:

Check out http://www.scudrunners.co.uk and see some of the videos :D

Better than nothing I guess, shame Essex is so far away! Think I'd be a bit scared to own a supercar, would never want to leave it anywhere.

Tennis umpires have been known to complain about the driving position. Ship captains have been known to complain about the size of the steering wheel, which is also wrapped in recycled carrier bags. The engine runs on half a cylinder when it's cold. The steering geometry is wrong on full lock. The strut tops often creak. The engine mounts are made of spreadable cheese...and so on and so and so on. Basically, it's a poorly engineered car.

However, it's got lots of character, is great fun to drive, and is more capable on track than anyone would imagine. I love mine even though there's plenty to dislike.

Cooper S
When I had mine the cold running was a joke (mind you my 197 wasn't much better).

Had an oil leak which took Reno several visits to diagnose (not the fact that they could not diagnose but more the fact that they were so bloody rude that p1ssed me off).

Seating position was uncomfortable but didn't bother me too much.

Overall not a lot compared to the fun had for the price.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Acoustic valve noise - sorted
Exhaust note - sorted
Expensive tyres -sorted
Steering wheel - could be sorted.
Runs fine from cold and does everything else rather well I think!

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
Is it like Bernard's? I dont believe you :rasp:

What's he got?

Go on, watch-a got?

I've got a lovely Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute...

...that I got from a 'street jeweller' in Saudi :eek: :)

Very nice. You got pics?

Mine has a few diamonds in it. Some would say it's tacky, some would gasp. May wear it on Fri at the Essex meet :D

Better than nothing I guess, shame Essex is so far away! Think I'd be a bit scared to own a supercar, would never want to leave it anywhere.

I dont leave it anywhere to be fair as I'm a bit paranoid. :(

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The fact you can't switch the rear fogs on without putting the fronts on first.

Fabia vrs tdi
what was that thing on tv i used to watch as a kid when the boy rubbed the queens nose on a 50pence peice to stop time, i hope it was the queens nose

If the queen is reading this please dont hang me, no offence intended

Black 182 FF
Lumpy cold start.
Kinda wheel wobble thing I haven't managed to sort yet.
Expensive servicing (cam belts etc).

Apart from that though I love it most of the time. Previous to this car I had a mk 2 Golf Gti 16v which I loved and loved the look of and is one of the best hot hatches ever made. I do realise it was 20 years old, but the Clio is similar in certain ways in how it behaves and yet is miles better in every way - the Golf never put a smile on my face the way the Clio often does and I was and still am a devoted mk2 fan.

Buying mine was a bit of a compromise - I wanted the fastest, best to to drive sporty car I could afford, without massive miles, because after owning a 20 year old car and having to work on it every weekend I was a little bit sick of it. I bought a very good condition 54 plate for £5900, under warranty from a main dealer (subject to me paying £25) as it had only been sold 6 months previously, with 27100 miles on. 14 months on it has 34200 miles on and looking at what they're selling for in a recession I dont think I'll have lost too much.

I think the Top Gear review of the 182 describes some of it pretty accurately, it has faults, but it is cheap and it's certainly loveable.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
what was that thing on tv i used to watch as a kid when the boy rubbed the queens nose on a 50pence peice to stop time, i hope it was the queens nose

That'd be 'the queens nose' then :D

I watched way too much tv as a kid :dapprove:

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Awful gearknob, steering wheel, seating position, bonnet catch and wipers on the wrong side, the trim over the instrument binnacle seemingly made of polystyrene, chocolate sill supports for the jack ...
but I still love my Trophy so it must do something right!