ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182, What new tyres?

182 Cup
Hello All,

I was driving home last night on the motorway when one of my tyres blew out, and it’s at that point you realize how rubbish it is that the 182 has no spare!

I'm now I'm faced with a dilemma! I had 4 pilot sport 3s on my car, the two front tyres i was about to replace as the tread is v low. Now I need to replace all 3 and I can’t really justify spending 450 quid on tyres for a car that is worth about 3k.

I'm looking at getting a set of Hankook's for about 250 but not sure if they're any good? What do you guys recommend?

Cheers

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I've just had 4 hankook ventus Evo 1's put on mine

Really struggling to lose traction in both dry and wet no matter how hard I push it

Love them! Completely transformed my Clio

I have had the rainsports and the V12's. Given the choice I'd have the Uniroyals 90% of the time, especially when you consider the wet performance and the fact we live in England!

I'm going to be looking to buying some Hankook Ventus S1 Evo (K107) - BestBuyTyres have a cracking fitted offer price of circa £68 at the moment (size 195/45/R16). Other sites I can only find them for £73ish delivered/

If I can't get these, I will end up putting Toyo's on as I know that they feel alright to me, even if they do have mixed reviews (approx £68 a corner fitted, or £59ish delivered)

The Ventus S1 Evo's have won or done well in quite a few group tests, including 2nd in a 2012 Evo performance tyre test.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've just had 4 hankook ventus Evo 1's put on mine

Really struggling to lose traction in both dry and wet no matter how hard I push it

Love them! Completely transformed my Clio

How much were these then? Did you get a set of 4?

Listerine & Poledo
I've always gone for Conti's on my 172.

In fairness, that does mean I don't know what the others are like in comparison but I find the Consitsports wear well, grip well in all but snow and aren't massively noisey either

Last edited: