ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 > Black headlights?

Did some of the production 197's come with black headlights?

Most seem to have the silver ones but I was lookin at pics on here earlier & there was an Albi blue one with black lights. Looked loads better!

Yeah they do look nicer. I'm not sure what spec they are. The 197 headlmap options confuse my old brain. Xenons, projectors, cornering...f**k knows but they do look a lot better fo sho.

Of course it's possible to retro fit them, but I doubt it would be cheap, and in the case of xenons I think you'd need balasts added too.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You have

Standard Silver Halogen headlights
Black Halogen Cornering lights
Black Xenon double distance cornering lights (these have washer jets)

The Black clusters themselves are the the same unit. Just depends if they have normal halogen type bulbs (no washer jets) Or xenon bulbs (with washer jets).

Not sure if they can be retro fitted as i've been told the looms are different to accomodate the cornering lights (ie different lol)

Mine (with Xenons). When i was getting a 197 it HAD to have the Black clusters. Looks soooo much better.

DSC01738.jpg

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Yep Gaz is right, as usual;)
Ps what tyres you got on the front, and do you recommend them?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Got a ebay bargin on some Michelin Pilot sports, paid £220 for 4!!! Really rate them, but i *think* they are discontinued.....?

I have the contis on my Silver set still :)

RB R27
I have been looking into retro fitting a set of the black cluster light for ages now, but no one seems to have done it yet and the only way it seem to get the cluster is from renault themselves. Which will be very expensive. Makes me wonder if it is actually worth it, but the just doesn't look right without the black cluster imo.

White clique
The black clusters really lift the appearance of the front of the car, I love mine. I personally wouldnt own one with the silver ones now.

RB 197 fatty
right so hang on..... i got halogen cornering lights but no black bits? hows that then?

....good god.....scrap that, just ran outside in my socks to check.....

....theyre black!!! lol

yeah black bits all the way maaaan!

Last edited:
I have been looking into retro fitting a set of the black cluster light for ages now, but no one seems to have done it yet and the only way it seem to get the cluster is from renault themselves.

So is that you volunteering then?

How very kind of you

RB R27
lol I would do it, depending on how much I can get a set for ;)

you left out the next sentence...where I said it would be expensive :p