ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 cup test drive = big smile

Fiesta ST3
first off a big thank you to steve for taking me on a mental test drive and for letting me loose in his 197, all i can say is wow the man can drive and what an improvement the 197 is over my 182 :D every thing just seems better, more stable ride & better feeling trim and more solid interior just need to sell a kindey or liver to help fund the purchase of one;)
just to let you know steve you did scare me once;) thanks again matey i owe you one...

Black 197
Another convertee !

Seriously i felt the same when test driving my 197.. Think i made the right choice still to this day, I love driving my 197

Nimbus 197
It's amazing how many 182/172 owners I have had come out with me and they have all said "wow, wasn't expecting it to be that good"
So far have three converts purchasing 197s as we speak (and one getting a 200)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Don't go bad for stock car with sticky rubber:D
I do like my narrow country lanes;) thats where the fun starts.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Steve did the same for me utter legend. The boy knows those lanes like the back of his hands!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
^^ thanks for the comments;)
Warren the Trophy was fun, the Cup is just silly:D

I'd love one tbh, people who upgrade from a normal MK2 to a RS mk2 seem to get bored after a while, probably because they are used to the car/interior/feel etc. so I don't think I'd upgrade to a 1*2.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd love one tbh, people who upgrade from a normal MK2 to a RS mk2 seem to get bored after a while, probably because they are used to the car/interior/feel etc. so I don't think I'd upgrade to a 1*2.

Can see your point, horses for courses imo. In all honesty, all though the 172 would pull away on any road, as would the trophy, neither were as much pure fun as my rallye. Shame it was a shed, had it not been shoddy i'd probably still be driving it today. Rattly, noisey, oversteery fun.

Fiesta ST3
Warren the Trophy was fun, the Cup is just silly:D
that sums it up really ^^ i thought the 182 was a tight handling car but steve's cup is something else i know alot of it is down to who is driving it, and steve can certainly drive;) but hand on heart i know my 182 would not have handled any way as near as sound as the 197:D so if any does need a kidney or liver drop me a pm:D