ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Engine Cost

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
I have an option on a Clio 197 as a track car, the engines basically dead as it makes a lot of smoke at high revs. I can get the car for £1400 as is, but my question is what it would realistically cost to get an engine or rebuilt one? I had a look online but engines seem to be over £1k for for one of these as a second hand with no belts history etc. I'd happily get a "cheap" engine that didnt smoke, drive it until it died, rinse and repeat but curious if people feel its a fair price and what engine options are?

Cheers
Sharpy

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
500-1000 is around what they go for.
I'd much rather buy one which is cheaper which needed the belts doing, and just do it whilst the engine is out the car.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
your other options are to put a Megane 225 or 250 engine in.
But gone of the days when you could do this on the cheap, as there's alot of traders which are doing it. Which means all the cheap donor cars don't exist any more