ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 @ Geneva Motor Show

The Tube
Just got back from the show, and managed a to get inside the new 197.
You can definately get a sense of where the extra weight has come from, the doors feel heavier, and you tend to get that VW sort of thud which you're not used to on a Renault!

The seats felt bloody good compared to the normal 172 seats, and were really supportive, the steering wheel could also be adjusted for height and reach, so I should imagine it would be easier to find an ideal seating position. The gearstick felt more closer, and the peddles didn't seem to be so off-centre compared to the 172, although the car I was sitting in was LHD and they might not be so central on the RHD model.
I asked the Renault girls on the desk for some info on the 197, and they happily gave me a poster of Fernando Alonso, the usual Renault Customer Care I suppose!

DSC00650.JPG

DSC00606.JPG

DSC00601.JPG

DSC00600.JPG

DSC00599.JPG

106 GTi
Nice one, looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.

What was the Black paint like, Metallic flecks?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
this is still growing on me :)

its a shame it won't do more than 134, as i wouldn't want an old 172/182 passing me ;)

i may well have to go for a test drive at somepoint. I am going to wait for the lightweight cup version with winding windows :) ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
do you think they will do a 'cup' version? but this time actually get rid of some weight unlike the 182 cup?

The Tube
The black was nice, it was just a sort of flat black, but it did look good. I asked a couple of people about a 'cup' model, but they just pointed to the 'cup racer'. But when I said 'No, the road going cup' they looked at me blankly and said they didn't understand!

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
I deffo won't be getting one of those, not a fan at all......well unless they bring out a lightweight version ..... if i want a heavy car i will get a VW !

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i am sure they will make a cup, renault have done quite a few variations over the year of the RS. i winder what the optinos list will be like.

I would be tempted with a 'cup' one once the prices are reasonable. as long as it would show a 182/172 a clean pair of heels. otherwise not pareticualry interested. it will have to be a fabulaous drive to make me get rid of the 182.

i also see the 197 is availabe in racing blue! :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
crazycup said:
I deffo won't be getting one of those, not a fan at all......well unless they bring out a lightweight version ..... if i want a heavy car i will get a VW !

bring on the lightweight one. circu 1100kg. now that would be awesome. not possible though :( might get 50 kgs off it i reckon.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
looking forward to a test drive to see what sort of difference the weight has made to the handling, also how much ££££'s the brembos will be

G

grwms83

that pug looks well smart, as does the funky citreon thingy. not too sure on the 197 yet though, or the new c type-r. looks a bit ' s**t'

dk

911 GTS Cab
surely the brembos are standard?????

anyway, looks ok, still not lighting my fire but will wait for the test drive.

In Autoexpress this week they reckong the V6 may be making a return too!

197 looks dull big and boring.

tiny bonnet

engine looks crap

dials look as boring as the current RS ones.

hidden exhausts??
brembos an option??

clio v6 for me next for a couple of months hopefully then a golf r32 i think.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
If the actual road going version of the 207 actually looks like that i'd be seriously tempted...it looks the nuts but so does that clio cup racer. I wonder what the 197 cup will be like? Apparantly due for release early next year....
John

Clio v6
dave182 said:
surely the brembos are standard?????

anyway, looks ok, still not lighting my fire but will wait for the test drive.

In Autoexpress this week they reckong the V6 may be making a return too!

Author: Jeremy

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:59 pm Post subject: Maybe A New V6 (autoexpress)

Definitely no new V6 :(

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
It looks to me that Renault are going down the road of "Options"....
Am I right in thinking this makes more money for Renault?.

Why does everything have to be an Option now a days?...:mad:.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
i think the new clio looks really really nice!! just its supposed to be 16.5k, and u can get a focus st for a grand more... just hope it is less than say 16 or something. no doubt people will be gettin discount from renault. looks nice though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Dash said:
Author: Jeremy

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:59 pm Post subject: Maybe A New V6 (autoexpress)

Definitely no new V6 :(
doh, maybe i should spend less time in the pics of gf's thread ;)