ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 meets Corsa VXR

R27
Me and my mate washed our cars on Sunday and took some pictures (nothing special) which i thought I would share with you all :D

The 197 is standard and the Corsa has a Remus exhaust.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I loved the Remus exhaust on my old VXR. Was superb.

Both great looking cars.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
two lovely cars there! Dunno which one i'd choose to be honest

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Can't decide which looks better! But seeing as i'm on CS... i'll go for the 197 ;)

SQ5
Nice. I think the clio just edges it on looks.

How do they get on performance wise?

Quicker than a standard 197/172 etc.. Car length or two in it

Girlfriends mum and dad have one, same colour as above but 18" Astra VXR wheels in black and lowered 40mm. It looks awesome! Also runs different map, exhaust and huge intercooler!

R27
Nice. I think the clio just edges it on looks.

How do they get on performance wise?

They are pretty much identical from a rolling start to silly speeds, not even 1 car length in it if i'm being honest.

Although being in the Corsa i'd say it has more low down power but not as much at the top end of rev range

VRS
seeing them sat together like that really shows how renault got the styling spot on for the r27 :D

the lines of the car suite it so much better, the corsa looks more like bits have just been stuck on

corsa just looks too halfords

Megane 225
aye, agree with you mate, i think the corsa looks disgusting! the front is so pokey and pointy and the back looks like a japanese persons eyes! (not meaning to be racist there) also the vents and slashes everywhere just..........dont look right!!

JB

RB 182 Cup
As already said, you can see similarities between the two: the swept-back front headlights that cut into the wings and bonnet, the front grills are a similar setup and the obvious splitter!

Do think the wing mirrors on the VXR looks sh*te though.

182 Trophy
both nbice but 197's are quicker round a track, 5th gear proved so ;) on paper vxr is 1 tenth quicker to 60 though which is neithere here or there.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love the vxr's at the moment, that arctic makes a sound of god tbh.

Albi > arden blue tho.

Combo
seeing them sat together like that really shows how renault got the styling spot on for the r27 :D

the lines of the car suite it so much better, the corsa looks more like bits have just been stuck on

corsa just looks too halfords

Exactly this.

Black Clio GT
both really nice cars but prefer the r27 if i had to choose.
dont know if its my eyes but they look the same colour??

R27
both really nice cars but prefer the r27 if i had to choose.
dont know if its my eyes but they look the same colour??

They did look very similar in the bright sun but if you look at the last few pictures you can notice a bit of difference. They are pretty similar though.

Cheers for the comments guys :D

Clio
nice, think the clio looks 10x better though, although ive heard good things about the vxr from a drive point of view