ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Tyres

Broken Diesel Megane :(
How long have 197 owners been getting from a set of their standard tyres?

My car is on around 7000 miles and the back ones (dont know why the back ones!?) are borderline legal.

So on that note, where is the best place to get new ones from, and has any 197 owners tried anything other than the Contis fitted as standard?

cheers

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
My corsa has contis on it and new ones are around £170 each. Am very tempted to try Fulken ones when I need to change, as ive heard good thins about them and they are half the price. Jap car clubs seem to rate them.

Usually try to stay with OE tyres though.

7 k seems very low for rear especially. Is it all over wear if just patches? Maybe you have a problem

Broken Diesel Megane :(
no its all over wear. just as you would expect from a car thats done double the mileage mate.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Strange, mine had two new fronts @ 12k, but the rears are still on @ 16k, still loads of life left in them

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
my fronts are going to be replaced on friday... they are a bit 'slippy' when moving off now.

they are still legal by about 0.2mm though... definetely s**t grip now.

i have done just over 17k iirc.

rears are awesome.

buying more conti's for 118 fitted each... not cheap but i saw them on mytyres for about 110, so not too bad.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Yep. My car had covered 12k when i bought it. The previous owner put some proper ditch finders on to sell it, soon replaced them with the Cont 3's, much much better.