ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197 Vs Corsa VXR

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Indeed. Had a play with a Astra VXR Nurburgring....... Nowt in it up to 1*** Had a Remus, not sure if they are standard fit on them? Sounded lovely.

Slow these 197's.......... ;)
Quick google, Autocar got the VXR to 100 in 14.33. The 197 was circa 18s. Now 1 or 2 secs would be close, nearly 4 isn't. And that was a standard VXR, the ring version with the zorst has more power.

172 exclusive & 306 gti6
Quick google, Autocar got the VXR to 100 in 14.33. The 197 was circa 18s. Now 1 or 2 secs would be close, nearly 4 isn't. And that was a standard VXR, the ring version with the zorst has more power.
what is the quarter mile time mate ?? just interested

RB 197 fatty
i actually ordered a corsa vxr 2 years ago when it first hit the 'chav' scene. Then grew up and cancelled it. Now iv got a 197, before anyone says it, yes i suppose it still does have a certain level of 'chavness' in it, cup spoiler, tailpipes etc, but i like it.

Also my mate bought the vxr i ordered to carry on the order... iv driven it many times, and after every swap back i have to say i still feel i made the right choice. It just has that slight edge over the corsa... and im afraid he agrees!!! Very close though!

....oh, plus these vxr's are becoming as common as shite nowadays!!!! ha ha

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
may have better handling but not in a straight line :)

But theres ZERO fun in just going in a straight line, so really, who cares?

Id rather have the better chassis and handling tbh, although i do quite like the VXR range, just that i think racing in a straight line and 1/4 mile drags belongs in The Fast and The Furious.

astra coupe on coilovers
i actually ordered a corsa vxr 2 years ago when it first hit the 'chav' scene. Then grew up and cancelled it. Now iv got a 197, before anyone says it, yes i suppose it still does have a certain level of 'chavness' in it, cup spoiler, tailpipes etc, but i like it.

Also my mate bought the vxr i ordered to carry on the order... iv driven it many times, and after every swap back i have to say i still feel i made the right choice. It just has that slight edge over the corsa... and im afraid he agrees!!! Very close though!

....oh, plus these vxr's are becoming as common as s**te nowadays!!!! ha ha
see more 197s now ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Google R ;)

Well f**k knows, he was caining it, i was caining it, he kept backing off circa 100 (just below) ;) and he wasnt 'blasting me into the weedz'.... It was a nice run, no quarter mile standing starts ;).....off four or 5 roundabouts, outcome the same everytime, gave him a flash, he gave us the Hazards.

Last edited:
  MCS R56
It really comes down whether you are a chav or not. Guaranteed, a chav will always go for the Vauxhall. Straight line speed is dull as f*ck, unless you are on a bike or something of equal pace.

I'll take the car that handles, thanks. Oh, is that the 197? Just as well, I'm not a chav.

astra coupe on coilovers
It really comes down whether you are a chav or not. Guaranteed, a chav will always go for the Vauxhall. Straight line speed is dull as f*ck, unless you are on a bike or something of equal pace.

I'll take the car that handles, thanks. Oh, is that the 197? Just as well, I'm not a chav.
neither am i but id take the vauxhall ;) and have you drove the corsa or the astra vxr ?

MCS R56
I've not driven either. And I will probably not drive either, ever. The Astra is not too bad in terms of looks (not that it has anything to do with this thread) but the Corsa looks like a Halford's special. If the Corsa handled well, it would have handed the 197 it's a$$ in that video. Not for me!

astra coupe on coilovers
I've not driven either. And I will probably not drive either, ever. The Astra is not too bad in terms of looks (not that it has anything to do with this thread) but the Corsa looks like a Halford's special. If the Corsa handled well, it would have handed the 197 it's a$$ in that video. Not for me!
did you not read one of the posts before where the corsa vxr was better in evo magazine ;) i do agree with you its not the best looking car but they do handle well and they sound awsome with the remus :)

MCS R56
did you not read one of the posts before where the corsa vxr was better in evo magazine ;) i do agree with you its not the best looking car but they do handle well and they sound awsome with the remus :)

Yeah, I saw that comment and remember it being posted a long time ago. It was a remapped Corsa, I seem to recall.

Okay, they might handle well but the 197 handles better, which is where I have more interest. Plus, the 197 looks great imo and not just because I have a Clio btw.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
if the 197 had the power of the corsa it would be a win win

S4 Avant
I'd have the 197 all day long. All you need to do, is type "corsa" into google image search, and there's your reason as to why I would never own a corsa. Never liked them, never will.

astra coupe on coilovers
i rest my case ;)
DSCF3288.jpg

DSCF3285.jpg

DSCF3284.jpg

Swift Sport

I've had a play with an Astra VXR and I must admit it pulled away reasonably easily!

378bhp Leon Cupra R
My mate bought this few weeks ago Corsa VXR Artic edition 207bhp with the remus exhaust...18" gloss black wheels.
so far he has got courtney sport dump valve and panel filter on it and soon a superchips remap (what thorney motorsport use) i must admit its lovely and so much tunable than a 197.
Hes going with me to the RR day at Falkland Performance
heres a pic when he bought it.

NewImage.jpg

S4 Avant
The blue thing proves my point about never wanting a corsa, couldn't care less what's under the bonnet, it looks like it was made by matchbox, and refined by chavs.

astra coupe on coilovers
made by matchbox but you own a clio ;) whats wrong can some people not take it that some vauxhalls are better than renaults lol

MCS R56
DSCF3282.jpg

would have a 172 cup off round a track and straights ;) gaz44

Yes, it's modded. Well done. If I turbo my car, it will beat that piece of $hit anywhere. It's still a chavved up heap of a car and a 197 (which is what this thread is about) will still handle as well, probably better. You could stick a Veyron engine in a Corsa if you want - I will still point and laugh.:nono:

Polo + Micra
tbh i looked into buying a new car just over a year ago

looked at both a 197 and a corsa vxr but decided i wanted something different

but out of the 2 i'd say i would have to pick a 197 and the corsa seems like it is too short in length

S4 Avant
Yes, it's modded. Well done. If I turbo my car, it will beat that piece of $hit anywhere. It's still a chavved up heap of a car and a 197 (which is what this thread is about) will still handle as well, probably better. You could stick a Veyron engine in a Corsa if you want - I will still point and laugh.:nono:

Amen

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've had a play with an Astra VXR and I must admit it pulled away reasonably easily!
Thats what I'd expect. Doesn't make the 197 slow, the Astra's are just very rapid in a straight line. Still utter garbage though. The worst performance car I've ever driven (the Astra, not the 197:eek:).

Last edited:
  astra coupe on coilovers
dont cry gaz :rasp: but you dont own a 197 and you dont have a turbo on your car ;)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I don't get where people are getting that evo magazine said the corsa was better, they had to test the 197 against the 888 corsa to keep it even then they said the 197 was technically brilliant. Nowhere does it say the corsa is better. I like the look of the corsa over the astra aswell, and would say standard 197 vs standard vxr would be a dead heat in a strainght line, seen it with own eyes upto 130.

astra coupe on coilovers
I don't get where people are getting that evo magazine said the corsa was better, they had to test the 197 against the 888 corsa to keep it even then they said the 197 was technically brilliant. Nowhere does it say the corsa is better. I like the look of the corsa over the astra aswell, and would say standard 197 vs standard vxr would be a dead heat in a strainght line, seen it with own eyes upto 130.
197 and a astra vxr ? or corsa mate ?

C250 AMG & 172 Cup
some people just cant have a decent discussion :rasp:

No, they can. You just seem to be w@nking over corsa's.

My mate has got a turbo'd 106gti, been featured in performance french cars and is over 300bhp, so all's you've proved is that he's modified his corsa, just like my friend has.

And his 106 looks better than that peice of s**t too.

astra coupe on coilovers
No, they can. You just seem to be w@nking over corsa's.

My mate has got a turbo'd 106gti, been featured in performance french cars and is over 300bhp, so all's you've proved is that he's modified his corsa, just like my friend has.

And his 106 looks better than that peice of s**t too.
any pics :D sounds nice

BMW 320d M-Sport
Corsa VXR is slightly quicker to 60, but then the chav-like bodykit will fall off and it'll need a new clutch by the time it gets near 80 (on a private road of course). Guy in the building next to where I work has a VXR and granted it looks quite good from some angles, but it's a skinny little thing that's trying too hard.