ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 197

Clio 172mk2
right me mates after buying one from dealer, whats cheapest the dealer would sell one for ?

tar

R35 GTR
tell him not to bother if he is after raw power. Its a slow car. Handles good and seats are comfy though.

Clio 172mk2
me mate knows feck all about cars , ive told him its not at goos as he thinks but he likes it for some reason , randon stuff like rear diffuser etc .

cup 182 mit stripes
Your mate wants to buy a motor because of a bit of worthless plastic tat on its rear end? Give him a good talking to.

Clio 172mk2
ive tried he was willing to pay 17k for the clio with some extras i told him he`s bloody nuts i showed him the meggys 225 for 15k yet he still was onabout clio. he really has no idea about cars.

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
Great looking car and goes well - if he has a motorpoint near him he'll save thousands.

cup 182 mit stripes
Something I've allways wondered about, when you buy a new motor from places like motorpoint, who do you go to when you have problems? I just bet Renault dealers wont welcome you with open arms.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Something I've allways wondered about, when you buy a new motor from places like motorpoint, who do you go to when you have problems? I just bet Renault dealers wont welcome you with open arms.

Open arms? lol like they would anyway. Go to any reanult dealer for warrenty?

Astra VXR 17/05/07
I bought a Megane from Motorpoint, no problems what so ever with a main dealer for anything. They love any new customer who comes to them for servicing etc!

cup 182 mit stripes
Some dealers are better than others[no kidding] point is,if you've built up a rapport cos of the dosh you've spent with them over the years, in my experience you get a better service.

On second thoughts, my dealer is the one in the Highland capitol, the people there are the most gentle and decent in the whole of the realm,so I'd say an internet motor would get equal treatment.

There no probblem garages don't care.

They try and convince you to pay dealership prices as they "look after you better" all a load of cobblers.

Clio 197
I originaly was going to get mine from newregcars.co.uk but after waiting for it to be delivered the friday before I was supposed to get the car they wanted a bankers cheque for the remainder of the money which I got, but he wouldn't accept it because it didn't say bankers cheque on it (which none of the banks do anymore), so after all the hastle he gave me I told him to forget about the car and demanded the deposit back else I was going to his office (miles away) to take the deposit out of his face :quiet: . The next morning in the post (Saturday) I got the deposit back in a cheque so he must of known he did wrong :mad: .

The same day I ordered one from my local Renault dealer which was only slightly dearer and I got treated a lot better and not looked back since although waiting for it again annoyed me. At least from a dealer your the first registered owner as well, on these dodgy internet sites they register the cars in their name first before you get to register them.

Pay a little bit more and go to Renault, it's worth it in the end :clown:

Clio 172mk2
well we went looking today found a nice blue 225 for 15500 brand new , which he likes or some 197`s for 14000 i think it was both of these were in stock, but the local renault dealers offering 16k somet for a 197 but 0% finance so he`s undecided . but theres a waiting list as it wud have to be made

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i've seen 4 pre registered at an independant garage near me for £13,450

Thats good imo