ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 197...

Clio sport 197
Well here's my first decent car haha. Been stuck with saxo's for a long time and decided its time to up my game a little haha. Bought this car yesterday from a garage near me. Iam the 2nd owner with only 30k on the clock so iam happy with the buy and it seems pritty immaculate inside and out. Only fault i can find is the brakes are lil weak considering the brembo's on the front.

There arnt any major future plans for the car. Thinking of a few carbon bits dotted around, like the carbon end plates on the spoiler etc. And getting the rims in a darker grey colour.

SAM_0143.jpg

23102010145-1.jpg

24102010145.jpg

SAM_0142.jpg

The brakes should feel FAR from weak dude. If the pads/discs are in ok condish, then IMO get the fluid changed, especially if it may have been tracked in the past.

Clio sport 197
Yeah il look into the brakes and get them sorted. Started this thread in the wrong section haha. Clio media instead of the progress thread pages. Made a new thread anyways. Cheers anyways guys.

Clio 1970000000
Good choice

The brakes should feel like throwing an anchor out the window. When I bought my 197 the brakes were also poor and the problem was seized calipers. You need to get your calipers stripped asap and serviced. New callipers very expensive. The bill for new callipers and pads on my car was £1k but luckily it was in the last weeks of warranty so I only paid for the pads.

Clio sport 197
1k Jesus. Dont think il be spending that. Ive still got a years warranty so plenty of time to get them sorted.

is that a private plate then? Warranty is only 3 years so if it is an 07 then its out of warranty. Unless you mean a s/h car warranty, in which case they may not cover the calipers.

Clio sport 197
No i bought it from a garage like. And they said they would put a years warranty on it.?? Whats s/h car warranty.?

s/h = second hand

so its a used car warranty, I would check the warranty documents carefully as used car warranties dont cover much!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Bet the pads are seized in, very common, quick strip/clean rebuild, jobs a goodun!

197 cup
i know im going way off the topic but it the brakes on my clio 197cup are juddery when breakin hard then will it help to strip the calipers down and get them serviced

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Indeed, i bought a new set before we tackled my old 197, didnt need them in the end!