ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2 phase 1 headlights?

1999 Clio 1.2 8V
Hi guys,

I need to remove the headlights on my mk2 phase 1 clio, Mainly because they need cleaning out but also because I'm replacing them with the cliosport ones soon. Had a whack at taking them out yesterday but they just wouldn't seem to budge, and as a result my bonnet now doesn't close properly :(

Anyone know how to go about taking them out?

Cheers

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
there might be a guide if you become a member, its only a tenner. I did just for the guides. Or get yourself a haynes...

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
4 screws in total, two along the bottom of the unit, one along the top and one on the inner side of the lamp

They are torx 40ish

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
As above, 4 screws. The bottom two aren't too easy to see, and if you're not careful you'll drop it down the inside of the bumper.

Of course, the front grille needs to come off first. Be careful not to snap the clips where it attaches to the front wings.

Membership will give you access to the guide needed to do the conversion.