ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 200 and the recaros.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Any owners of the 200 with recaros got any findings on how they are wearing?

the 197 recaros basically wore out as you looked at them. How are people getting on?

recaro.jpg

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Mine are fine, but then i've barely done a 1000 miles yet - perhaps that's the solution, don't use your car! :rolleyes:

Mondeo TDCI 130
2500 with covers on, all ok so far! Although passengers one is a bit shiny! I make mega effort when getting in!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
No kev, the 'fund' comes first :( I could buy one outright with selling the cup. Dam houses! ftl

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You cant drive a house, but you can sleep in a car? Think that'll work?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Im not the only one then. I've just gone past the 1000 miles mark, and i've had it since last October. :S

It got a proper clean/new car detail today, so I won't be using it for a while for fear of making it dirty ;)

Swift Sport
I think I'm going to upgrade in the next year or so. I'm keeping the coilovers though, they'd be going straight on :)

Swift Sport
Really? Will be interesting what you do to a 200

Mines paid for at the end of January next year, depending on my financial situation I'm hoping to upgrade to a 200. I have a few ideas but nothing groundbreaking lol.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Just read this on DW! Looking mint! The LY really suits the anthracite trim!

Cheers, I'll have a look on DW

Mines paid for at the end of January next year, depending on my financial situation I'm hoping to upgrade to a 200. I have a few ideas but nothing groundbreaking lol.

Nothing groundbreaking no, but still, I like what you've done to the 197. It will be good to see your version of the 200.

Cupped 200
Mines at nearly 9k km now and theres no wear till now... but on the other hand most of that are from far distance runs, so it doesnt count ;)

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
My Recaros are like new after 2200 miles, although as with all bucket seated cars I make an effort not to rub on them (just drop in), I also only weigh 12 stone so not too much contact on the edges :)

Meg 250/E36 Touring
10,858 miles and no wear with 14 stone of me..

I do tend to lift myself out though, after seeing how quickly the 197's deteriorated!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Arent the bolsters quite a bit softer on the 200's?

It felt that way in Kennys off here, i looked like a prick trying to gymnast myself out of them lol :eek:

Megane R26
I currently have a case open with RUK regarding my 2nd set on my 197, and told them I want some assurances with regards to the 200, and want to know if they've sorted the manufacturing defect

I'll chase it up on Monday

Crappy work hire car
Seems a bit of a pain in the a55 if you can't even shuffle in your seat on a long journey for fear of ruining your seats! When I (finally) get my 197 I was hoping to pick up some secondhand recaros to fit in it, but might not bother now!

Meg 250/E36 Touring
There seems to be more foam around the metal frame's in the 200. Not much though.

I would like to think they have sorted the wear problem, otherwise they'll also have probs with the Meg 250.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I think people with/without wear should declare their weight, the seats are definitely tight for those *cough* larger chaps amongst us :eek:

...Of course on the other hand Recaro should have made them robust enough to last for people of all sizes!

320d
I'd hope that they had sorted the wear on the 200's. I'd actually be reluctant to get a recaro'd 197 because of the wear. I can see it having a big effect on second hand prices if all the seats are knackered. The bolsters should be leather so they don't wear as badly.

Jesus. The chairs in the OP are fucked. How did these pass wear testing? Answer: "wear testing? Ahhhh! I knew there was something we were meant to do with the steering wheels!!12"

50% chairs FTL :(

Shocking. I'm hoping mine are more robust. The bolster material is very heavy, and there's leather around the edges, just where that wear is. However, they're a major PITA. I keep grazing my nutsack every time I get in :(

RS 200
think i might have followed you the other day, well actually the other month. do you go through newport sometimes?

Don't think so, not been through Newport since I've had the 200 :S
I take it your in a VXR Corsa? I see a white one with black wheels like my clio quite often around Telford centre.

I think people with/without wear should declare their weight, the seats are definitely tight for those *cough* larger chaps amongst us :eek:

...Of course on the other hand Recaro should have made them robust enough to last for people of all sizes!

No wear after 6 months, I'm 13 St :eek:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Don't think so, not been through Newport since I've had the 200 :S
I take it your in a VXR Corsa? I see a white one with black wheels like my clio quite often around Telford centre.

No wear after 6 months, I'm 13 St :eek:

13 stone isn't much. I'd say the owner of the seats in the first pic was/is more like 20 stone.