ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 deal

clio sport 200
Think I've been done then? Ive put down a 2000 deposit got 4800 part exchange for my 59 Clio extreme and I'm paying £314 a month for 36 then got about 7400 left to pay if I want to. This is a Clio 200 with cup chasis. Price of car was just over £19000 with stuff like tyre protection and paint and fabric + gap insurance included.

mini cooper s
Thanks for the input Richard im sure i'll be in touch to atleast chat through some options with you soon.

If youve got a mortgage and have equity in your propety why not look to do a futher advance and borrow money at the rate of your mortgage? Would be a cheaper option than a bank loan and atleast you would own the car outright. Another option is a bank loan. If your looking to do this i'd look to do it soon i.e before the base rate rises! Think Sainsburys bank/finance are leading in the market just now with loans around 7%. Tesco bank and others aren't far behind if you borrow between 7500 and 14950. If you have any questions just fire me a pm.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Think I've been done then? Ive put down a 2000 deposit got 4800 part exchange for my 59 Clio extreme and I'm paying £314 a month for 36 then got about 7400 left to pay if I want to. This is a Clio 200 with cup chasis. Price of car was just over £19000 with stuff like tyre protection and paint and fabric + gap insurance included.

£20704 for a clio cup? + What you lost part exing the Clio Extreme, madness.

:dead:

Did you get any extra's like speedlines recaros etc?

clio sport 200
£20704 for a clio cup? + What you lost part exing the Clio Extreme, madness.

The clio extreme was on finance and the settlement on that was £4400 so had like £400 towards off.

Did you get any extra's like speedlines recaros etc?

photoisl.jpg

photoisl.jpg

all that comes to £15760 then + 20% vat = £18892 Then the 1st years road tax, new vehicle reg fee brings it to £19372 then minus £2000 deposit brings the finance to £17037. the purchase fee after 3yrs would be £7635

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
flol

You dont want to even know what sort of deal some on here have on a similar spec.

I know the one i specced up was a 200 with cup pack and speedlines, might have had another extra on there too, and it came in at around £15-16k over 2 years including the deposit, payments with interest and the gfv.

Riceh... You sir, have been done over big time. Almost £20k for a Clio!!! You havent even got it specced up.

The most my 200 Cup will cost me is £13.5k (that includes the first years tax/new car tax and the deposit of £1k).

Da

Less
All the deals have changed, prices have gone up too so it's not fair to say that Rich has/hasn't been ripped off.
Are you happy with the price you've paid Rich? That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Price mine up and it comes to £19860...

clio sport 200
All the deals have changed, prices have gone up too so it's not fair to say that Rich has/hasn't been ripped off.
Are you happy with the price you've paid Rich? That's the question you have to ask yourself.

I happy to pay £314 a month, but guess I should of shopped around probally could of saved myself a grand or two? I only did this deal on Thursday so have got time to cancel but Im sure now to get a new clio 200 it would be hard for anything less than 18k

Da

Less
You're paying £314 a month over three years on a PCP deal, with a GFV of £7635, is that right?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Price mine up and it comes to £19860...

More to do with some of the discount has been dropped by renault rather than price increases, but there is still discount to be had. He just hasn't got a good deal, salesman just got his picture on the wall this month.

You ordered yours before all the discounts came in iirc, but i bet you still didn't pay anywhere near list, especially being from up north ;)

Da

Less
£314 x 36 = £11304

£11304 + £2400 (dep & part ex) = £13704

If you add to that the optional purchase after three years £7635 + £13704 = £21339

Something doesn't quite work out, that's nearly £2000 more than the price you quote above. :S

Get that paint fabric and tyre protection to f'k. There will be so many loop holes they wont even entertain your claim.

£314 x 36 = £11304

If you add to that the optional purchase after three years £7635 + £13704 = £21339

Something doesn't quite work out, that's nearly £2000 more than the price you quote above. :S

You take the deposit away, not add it surely?

Edit: hmm I think you are right. Its too late :eek:

Da

Less
I'm adding it to the money he has (or will have) paid towards the car after three years.

And you're right Mike, I ordered mine waaaay before all the PCP deals and discounts came in. Still I got it for a good price and am a happy Northerner ;)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
£314 x 36 = £11304

Interest?

He's talking list price, and your talking what he's going to have paid.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
More to do with some of the discount has been dropped by renault rather than price increases, but there is still discount to be had. He just hasn't got a good deal, salesman just got his picture on the wall this month.

You ordered yours before all the discounts came in iirc, but i bet you still didn't pay anywhere near list, especially being from up north ;)

Renault don't control the discounts (well not directly anyway), it's the dealers that control their margin and how much of it they are willing to give away.

An increasing trend in the motor industry is the decrease of discounts and cars being sold for closer to their RRP (RRP obviously adjusted to reflect the less discount that dealers can do).

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Renault don't control the discounts (well not directly anyway), it's the dealers that control their margin and how much of it they are willing to give away.

An increasing trend in the motor industry is the decrease of discounts and cars being sold for closer to their RRP (RRP obviously adjusted to reflect the less discount that dealers can do).

I'm sure richard said renault or maybe renault finance had dropped their part of the discount, so the discount has now been reduced to what the individual dealer was offering?

He definitely said someone had dropped some of the discount after 2010 anyway.

Edit:

He called it PCP support, so something to do with the finance side of renault not giving a discount anymore?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?551012-200-Deals&p=7342342&viewfull=1#post7342342

clio Mk2 P1 punto1.4
Please get a better car if your going to get one on finance..christ look at the apr for god sake. Thats ridicolous

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Mike - would have to look at the Q1 stuff when i'm back at work. My exposure/knowledge on the sales side is mainly cash purchases, but Richards post does ring a bell now you mention it.

Not worth it yeah it seems good now but wait until the insurance come in and then petrol. Then when the tax comes up in the same month, MOT all the extra bits you don't think off.

I have finance on my 182 and I wish I never did it now and mine is less than a £200 a month and its not that I can't afford it. It's just not worth it, bit I get my shares in next year so going to pay it off and sell it.

But as I say you only live once, you could get run over tomorrow etc etc.

clio sport 200
I'm going to go back to the dealer on wednesday, going to cancel unless I get some serious £££ knocked off. Still inside 14 days so I should be fine to cancel? Would I get my initial £200 deposit back?

If you've signed the finance documents then you get a 14 day cooling off period. I work for a different manufacturer so it might be different, but even if you cancel within the 14 day period you still have to pay the amount but by other means.

You guys are so lucky getting your cups for £13,500 on finance fully specced, I cancelled mine that was for £16,500 cash and lost my deposit I think. I don't know why bloody renault took away the discounts, you'd think they'd want to sell more cars. My mind was changed when someone on the other group got a full fat 200 with cup chassis with barely any miles for £12,700. It's now bloody depressing still driving around in a boring economical car when I'm having to do less miles :(

They cannot keep your deposit, its against the law.

AFAIK they dont have to give it back to him, but richeh should be able to use it to buy other things from them (like a store voucher) .. like parts or maybe even put towards another order ( but they probably not give you as a good deal this time round as they know they already have your cash. )

An orange one
how do you PCP guys cope with the 6000 mile limit per year??

thats crazy low milage these days...only 500 a month?!

I hardly use my car and ive still managed 6000 miles since may?!!

IMHO any deal needs 10k minimum per year to be realistic! renault arent daft, they will end up with a whole load of 12000 mile 2 year old clio's which will get snapped up easily, still under warranty etc!