ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 EDC On Turinis

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
So, these started life as a set of 6 wheels I bought from E Bay off a chap near Shrewsbury. They came off a Subaru Impreza, the same 5 stud pattern, an ET fairly close to OE wheels but centrebores 10mm smaller.

I had the centrebores machined out by a local company from 56.1mm to 66.1mm and 2 wheel backs machined by 4mm to tuck them in the rear arches more.

Once I knew the wheels worked I painted them white gloss myself, they're not the greatest but they've covered ok ( my excuse is they're trackday wheels) Flatted back, primed and painted outside when we had a few decent days of sunny weather.

Tyres, these wheels are an 8J so bigger than the 7.5J. They're fairly close to the front suspension strut so I had to pick a tyre size and make that wouldn't overhang the rim but not be stretched. I also didn't want to buy new, the whole idea from the outset was to have a different set of wheels with a relatively minimal outlay..... Or at least not to let the costs spiral.

With that in mind I didn't set any deadlines, yes it would have been nice to have them on for Blyton Park but I wasn't forcing myself to buy new or a tyre just for the sake of it. Finally a set of Yokohama ADO8s in 215-45-17 came up for sale in Southampton so I travelled down from Essex to pick them up, perfect. A quality make tyre only used for 20 minutes on track with on average 6-7mm tread.

So here we are, after all the hard work, calculations, travelling up and down the country I fitted the Turinis on the Clio temporarily this evening to finally check and see the finished article.
DSC_3527~2.JPG
_20170930_193011.JPG
_20170930_181631.JPG
DSC_3534~2.JPG
DSC_3521~2.JPG
DSC_3522~2.JPG

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
After living with them on my 172 Cup for all those years and then regretting massively that I sold them for buttons...a good set of Turinis make me moist. Even more so when they're wearing some proper rubber.

Good f***ing work, looks fantastic!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
After living with them on my 172 Cup for all those years and then regretting massively that I sold them for buttons...a good set of Turinis make me moist. Even more so when they're wearing some proper rubber.

Good f***ing work, looks fantastic!
I can sleep well tonight knowing now I have the approval from the mighty MarkCup.

Thank you very much, genuinely :up::cool:

I'm a bit of a magpie, don't get me wrong I'll buy new as and when but if I see a bargain that's 2nd hand I'm all over it.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Could have took a decent picture of them though!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Looks the muts nuts they do.
So badly want turinis on my meg but they're so expensive.
Really is a wheel that looks good on alot of cars.
Great pics too.
As mentioned a bit of a magpie, I paid £275 for a set of 6. They retail new just over £200 each for 17x8s.

ADO8s new are approx £100 each

So new wheels and tyres is about £1200, I paid just over half that

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The cracks on your driveway :smiley:
:smiley:

It's my sisters place, I don't have a driveway so I do all the car shenadigans there. Very accommodating, plenty of cups of coffee and dinner. I painted the wheels in the garden and I have my own shed to store car bits..... I built a 21ft extension to her garage last year to give them more storage space so I have the shed now :blush:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Absolutely epic.

Needs a massive, expensive rear wing. To finish it off.

Did they balance ok and do they drive alright after the machining?
I've been put onto someone about a spoiler so there's now an option for one that's much cheaper.

All the wheels balanced up fine, I drove about 3 miles on them at 30-40mph and they felt OK with no vibration. I took them off and put the OE wheels back on last night, I'm just debating whether to fit them on again for the upcoming Nurburgring trip as there'll be about 700 miles driving in potential wet conditions. It's more a long weekend away than just laps on the Nurburgring chasing times.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I've been put onto someone about a spoiler so there's now an option for one that's much cheaper.

All the wheels balanced up fine, I drove about 3 miles on them at 30-40mph and they felt OK with no vibration. I took them off and put the OE wheels back on last night, I'm just debating whether to fit them on again for the upcoming Nurburgring trip as there'll be about 700 miles driving in potential wet conditions. It's more a long weekend away than just laps on the Nurburgring chasing times.

Ah cool! Three piece still or one that bolts onto the existing spoiler?

Can’t remember what tyres you have but if they’re track tyres on the Turinis id play it safe and change back.

I want Turinis again :( off to eBay lol

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Ah cool! Three piece still or one that bolts onto the existing spoiler?

Can’t remember what tyres you have but if they’re track tyres on the Turinis id play it safe and change back.

I want Turinis again 😧 off to eBay lol
Are they not 2 piece? Either way an exact copy.

Tyres are Yokohama ADO8s with 6ishmm tread, I'll think I'll do the Nurburgring trip on the OE wheels.

Now I know the wheels 100% I can now move onto the next stage

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Are they not 2 piece? Either way an exact copy.

Tyres are Yokohama ADO8s with 6ishmm tread, I'll think I'll do the Nurburgring trip on the OE wheels.

Now I know the wheels 100% I can now move onto the next stage

Iirc it’s the top section, two side upstand things and a different bootlid section

Actually, it seems I’m wrong

This looks two piece
cliocup2014_zpsa860193c-jpg.jpg

Good choice haha

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
^^^wubba lubba dub dub!! Love that with the spoiler and the turinis are spot on!
Haha!! So maybe a 2 tone black and LY spoiler, was even thinking of painting the Turinis black after seeing the pictures last night. It would colour match everything else.