ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Gearbox problem

Renaullt Clio 200
Hi all. I've only just found this great site and just registered. My Clio 200 is 22 months old with 18,000 on the clock. It's going in on Tuesday under warranty (I hope) because changing up or down into 3rd gear it feels like the synchromesh is weak and grinds lightly unless you change gear very slowly. Can anyone give me any information so that I can be armed with some knowledge. I just get the feeling that they'll say it's something you have to live with on this model. The car has been great up till now.

Clio RS200 GW
It's a known problem with some boxes don't let them fob you off, saying that I've had mine from new and not had a problem with it, however I worry a lot after reading some stuff on here so I go with he flow if it happens it happens but your under warranty so get it done if you get any problems ring RUK for assistance ifs it's the box it's should be changed as they know its an issue, get them to do all the checks.

GT 86
Hi all. I've only just found this great site and just registered. My Clio 200 is 22 months old with 18,000 on the clock. It's going in on Tuesday under warranty (I hope) because changing up or down into 3rd gear it feels like the synchromesh is weak and grinds lightly unless you change gear very slowly. Can anyone give me any information so that I can be armed with some knowledge. I just get the feeling that they'll say it's something you have to live with on this model. The car has been great up till now.

Gearbox on these is like a bag of rusty spanners at the best of times :evil: after all it is a Renault ;).
Welcome to the Forum, Im sure you will enjoy.

Renaullt Clio 200
Garage says synchro has gone and have agreed to fit a new box. Should only take a couple of days. Thanks to all for your answers.

AG Clio 200
I just had my box fixed through Mcrae and Dick in Stirling, took out an extended warranty when I bought the car 9 months ago. My 3rd and 4th gear syncro had gone, seems to be a common problem. Glad to have it fixed for f**k all tho!

Renaullt Clio 200
Does anyone know what causes these synchro problems? They must be using some crap metal. Or maybe something drops out. There's no way they will tell me.