ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Mk3.

RS Clio 182
I keep looking at these. I fancy something a bit newer and a slight change. For 6/7k would be a 2010 ish. Would be white.

Have been looking about for a nice r26 with no joy and I think they are at a price point where people who don’t care buy them.

Was briefly considering stretching the budget for a Fiesta st/208. Even looked at the mk6 golf with having five doors. But with the new born probably not a wise move.

200 worth a shout, keep mine, hold out for an r26?. Would like the 250 but again they are knocking on the 9/10k door.

Depends what you want the car for - if its just a weekend toy for b roads then the 200 is excellent - but for everyday commuting its not great imo. Make sure you get one thats had the 'kangarooing' mapped out of it,as mine had that and it was a nightmare.

I went to an R26 and its much more comfortable and effortless to go fast very quickly due to the instant turbo - you dont have to rev the hell out of it. I might be tempted with a 250/265 in the future,but it would have to be a cup with RS monitor,recaros etc. Theyre a bit out of my budget atm, like yourself.

The great thing about Renault Sports is that theyre so rare on the roads - Fiesta St's are ten a penny and that puts me off them,just so common.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I keep looking at Fiesta st’s amongst other cars lol. But instantly when you see the cars they have potential chav written all over them, imo. The 208 being more grown up appeals but can’t help feel it would be second best. At 10k I would get a 250 or a mk6 gti 5dr.

Sadly my budget doesn’t make that sense. £6k ish is where I’m at.

RS Clio 182
I keep looking at Fiesta st’s amongst other cars lol. But instantly when you see the cars they have potential chav written all over them, imo. The 208 being more grown up appeals but can’t help feel it would be second best. At 10k I would get a 250 or a mk6 gti 5dr.

Sadly my budget doesn’t make that sense. £6k ish is where I’m at.

Im surprised you cant find a decent R26 for £6K.

Whats wrong with something like this (apart rom decals missing hehe) :

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...renaultsport-megane/megane-r26-230-f1/8535406

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Considering you're looking at cars but keeping your 182 is an option I'd go with the 200. Even I look at them on AT from time to time, I think I would want green or white.

If you wanted better A road pace and a bigger chassis then Mégane is an obvious choice, but let's not pretend the only reason you get a Clio is that you can't afford a Mégane.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Considering you're looking at cars but keeping your 182 is an option I'd go with the 200. Even I look at them on AT from time to time, I think I would want green or white.

If you wanted better A road pace and a bigger chassis then Mégane is an obvious choice, but let's not pretend the only reason you get a Clio is that you can't afford a Mégane.

Clio will be going. Theres a chap selling a Red R26 for 6K, 64,000 Miles etc. But i do think the 200 is the way i'm going.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've not driven one but from what I've read I just don't get 197/200's.

Being a bit better built and newer is literally the only positive I can see over a 182.

Now a megged 200, I would definitely have one of them.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeah superior handling and just being newer is the main upgrade reason I'd have thought.

Brakes is debatable as the 172 brakes are very good until you give it to them on a track and then they just don't last all that long, cool down and they're good to go again.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
They just seem a bit lardy and cumbersome in comparison to a 182. As I say, never driven one though so.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Not that you buy that sort of car for straight line performance. Which hasn't really changed since the Ph1 172. Get a good 172 and a bad 200EDC and I'd have thought the 172 would have the legs.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Seems a strange thing to say in that case unless you mean looks wise?

I'd actually say the opposite, the 200 looks nice and squat, the 182 in comparison looks like a hatchback of the 90s.

I think 182's look small, light, nimble. I just think 197/200's look a bit, erm, bulky, in comparison. Don't get me wrong, I still like the look of 200's, I just don't know what it is, I just have that view of them in my head.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Do you need to? I've not heard anyone say a bad word about their drive

Yes of course you do, even if it's just to check it drives ok.
I am on my third 200 now. First car was an immaculate Alien Green but in comparison to my 182 it felt like I had to ring it's neck every time I wanted it to go fast, second car was a project liquid yellow that I bought to do a meggy transplant to get the speed but didn't happen as I acquired an awesome storm grey meglio already done.

200's are awesome handling, better looking (when lowered with speedlines) but just not fast enough and then add in the parts made from chocolate - gearboxes, recaros, manifold, hub-bearings plus the flat spot and kangarooing cold starts.
^^^ so yes a test drive is required and buyers homework essential.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yes of course you do, even if it's just to check it drives ok.
I am on my third 200 now. First car was an immaculate Alien Green but in comparison to my 182 it felt like I had to ring it's neck every time I wanted it to go fast, second car was a project liquid yellow that I bought to do a meggy transplant to get the speed but didn't happen as I acquired an awesome storm grey meglio already done.

200's are awesome handling, better looking (when lowered with speedlines) but just not fast enough and then add in the parts made from chocolate - gearboxes, recaros, manifold, hub-bearings plus the flat spot and kangarooing cold starts.
^^^ so yes a test drive is required and buyers homework essential.

So is it just the feeling or is the 200 actually slower than a 182?