ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Mk3.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I keep looking at these. I fancy something a bit newer and a slight change. For 6/7k would be a 2010 ish. Would be white.

Have been looking about for a nice r26 with no joy and I think they are at a price point where people who don’t care buy them.

Was briefly considering stretching the budget for a Fiesta st/208. Even looked at the mk6 golf with having five doors. But with the new born probably not a wise move.

200 worth a shout, keep mine, hold out for an r26?. Would like the 250 but again they are knocking on the 9/10k door.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'd personally be going for an ST or seeing if I could stretch to a 250. Will be what i'm after (if I ever manage to) once i've said for a house.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If you say 3k out loud it’s not that much lol.

250 would be nice but I think I’d opt for the st over one.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
MK3 is a much more modern place to be. I thought at the time it was a better commuter, but in hindsight I actually think the 172 I had was better. Less changing through the gears, felt comfier, better on fuel.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I'd definitely hold out for an R26 as well. Prices are pretty low at the moment by the looks of it and you certainly get a lot of car for your money.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
I keep looking at these. I fancy something a bit newer and a slight change. For 6/7k would be a 2010 ish. Would be white.

Have been looking about for a nice r26 with no joy and I think they are at a price point where people who don’t care buy them.

Was briefly considering stretching the budget for a Fiesta st/208. Even looked at the mk6 golf with having five doors. But with the new born probably not a wise move.

200 worth a shout, keep mine, hold out for an r26?. Would like the 250 but again they are knocking on the 9/10k door.
Interested to see what you do here. I’ve always got an eye on the mk3’s, I’m attracted to the more modern side and the newer registration plate. Plus if you throw some tyres on a cup’d 200 it’s got the brakes and suspension in place to be good on track. Having never driven one though I can’t say how they compare to the 182.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I look most days, and yet to come across a Megane I really fancy. But then ideally I’d want white or red lol.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Interested to see what you do here. I’ve always got an eye on the mk3’s, I’m attracted to the more modern side and the newer registration plate. Plus if you throw some tyres on a cup’d 200 it’s got the brakes and suspension in place to be good on track. Having never driven one though I can’t say how they compare to the 182.

Bingo, pretty much my thoughts. For the same money the Megane would be 07/08.
But if a nice white/red Megane popped up I’d be keen.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
If I drove mine as a daily driver, I think it would boil my piss tbh. But that's not what a 200 is for imo. They only come alive when you can exploit the chassis and brakes. Then it all makes sense, and it's what makes me enjoy mine.
It doesn't feel as raw as my first cc equipped cup, but it's definitely as fast.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I do about 5k a year tops, probably a bit more in the coming years.

I think they aged really well.

Clio 182
Had the late 225 megane with lots of extras.
Didn’t enjoy it tbh.

Got a 200 now and although I don’t use it and have it for sale it’s my preferred choice of the 2.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I fecking loved mine and was gutted when it went.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Really, like 110% really?.

They look great and decent value for money. Age etc.

Definitely.

Unless it’s going to be an (expensive) track toy, there’s no point in buying a mk3 clio.

To put into perspective how bad clios are as dailies, I’ve not noticed a difference in fuel between the 197 and the s4, my road rage is gone due to how comfy and lazy the Audi is and the power and noise is hilarious.

The clio is genuinely v8 running costs in regards to fuel and tax lol.

Don’t bring up the cost of fixing faults lol

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
At the Nurburgring currently, came as a passenger in a mates 197. I liked it when he first got it, I like it even more now. Refinement and comfort are on another level compared to a 1*2, but it's still really capable on track, feels super planted and seems to be taking loads of abuse. And his is a £2500 one. Yes it's a little buzzy on the motorway and not great on fuel, but I'm not really sure what people expect from a normally aspirated 2.0 car with short gearing and the best part of 200bhp. You can't have everything.

All that being said though, for the money you are thinking of spending, I would be trying to save a little more and buying a Megane 250. Nicer daily, faster, more modern and not as fragile as the R26.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
At the Nurburgring currently, came as a passenger in a mates 197. I liked it when he first got it, I like it even more now. Refinement and comfort are on another level compared to a 1*2, but it's still really capable on track, feels super planted and seems to be taking loads of abuse. And his is a £2500 one. Yes it's a little buzzy on the motorway and not great on fuel, but I'm not really sure what people expect from a normally aspirated 2.0 car with short gearing and the best part of 200bhp. You can't have everything.

All that being said though, for the money you are thinking of spending, I would be trying to save a little more and buying a Megane 250. Nicer daily, faster, more modern and not as fragile as the R26.

Oh don’t get me wrong, as a toy or track car, they’re incredible. To the point that the lack of power didn’t really bother me because it was such a fun car.

But day to day, my god they’re awful.

Mk2 1.2 Campus

Why wouldn’t having 5 doors be good for a new born?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Ive had tonnes of both-

The 200 encourages you to drive like a racing driver, to get the max out of it you need to get up the rev range - Its epic into bends & round corners- the stability especially with sticky tyres & some springs is epic -
The only drawback is that you struggle to drive it normal- MPG is pish.

The megane is the opposite, more refined & easy to drive - its effortless, but not quite as enjoyable- But straight forward acceleration feels smoother.

TBH if you still fancy a spirited drive & dont mind spunking money on petrol then the 200 is a win, if your north of 35 & fancy an easier life its the megane....

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
With the miles I do I can sacrifice mpg, to a degree. Currently getting 34 when I check every now and then.

I’d be more inclined to try an r26 if there were plenty about (not black/silver). Have enquirer about a 200 so see what happens :)

Probably not a huge amount lol

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ive had tonnes of both-

The 200 encourages you to drive like a racing driver, to get the max out of it you need to get up the rev range - Its epic into bends & round corners- the stability especially with sticky tyres & some springs is epic -
The only drawback is that you struggle to drive it normal- MPG is pish.

The megane is the opposite, more refined & easy to drive - its effortless, but not quite as enjoyable- But straight forward acceleration feels smoother.

TBH if you still fancy a spirited drive & dont mind spunking money on petrol then the 200 is a win, if your north of 35 & fancy an easier life its the megane....
I'm north of 35 and can't think of anything worse than a megane tbf. But I have a mk5 golf as a (soon to be replaced with an f31) daily drive. The clio is only for hooligan drives out.