ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 RS 20th anniversary edition purchased!!!

Merc
Some might remember my previous thread
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...niversary-%A322k-insurance-%A31.3k-what-to-do

Anyways i bought the car yesterday and for around 19.5k. It will be in my hands in two weeks time, can't wait!!!!!! Oh and i also managed to halve the insurance to 700 quid... Nice bit of saving from the original quote. Good advice on running a RS would make me very grateful i.e particular type of maintenance it requires, how it runs...

R27 191/500
i have a 197 so a bit simular, if ur not used to it i.e u used to drive a 1.2 then i would say take it easy for a while whilst u get used to the car. other than that, u will absolutly love it, congrats

GTD, Lupo
Enjoy it.

As for maintaining it.

It will say either 12k or 2 years which ever comes first for service,but i normally get it done once a year. A service will cost between 100-250 (in the uk) 250 being what Renault charge.

Front tyres on mine lasted about 17k and the rears are still going strong on 20k.

Just run mine on normal fuel and have never had any issues. I find optimax all all the higher ron fuels make no difference.

Enjoy it and get some pics up.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Well I killed my last abarth 500 so insurance have ordered me a new one, I was looking at a factory build so 12 week wait but the dealership found me an unregistered one in bristol in the same spec so pick up is 1st of april, I can't wait, ive had enough of the bus.

Getting the same spec but storm grey side stripes and mirrors instead of red ones.

Nissan 350z
Good advice on running a RS would make me very grateful i.e particular type of maintenance it requires, how it runs...

My main advice is that like all the other Renaultsport Clios before it, the 200 also requires time to "warm up" before allowing you full access to the rev range available and will sound rough to begin with. Roughly 10mins of normal driving before pushing it should do the trick otherwise you risk thrashing it from cold. The temperature gauge on the dash is the coolant and not the oil so ignore this largely (not sure if the 20th edition has the RSmonitor which has an oil temp monitor built in however).

But yeah as has been said, enjoy it :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Could be decent?

Were you hoping you would get cash to get something else? After you've had your 500 fix.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Could be decent?

Were you hoping you would get cash to get something else? After you've had your 500 fix.

Nah I'm really happy with the way its been delt with tbh, had abit of an issue with the spec but that's it (I wanted grey but they said has to be like for like) I wouldn't of wanted a payout as it would mean I would of had to pay the finance off and would of lost abit of money so yeh I'm happy getting another 500, just can't wait to get it. Ordered a wiring harness for the TMC box so that should be on after I pick it up :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Cool. I know it gets replaced if it's less than year old.

Look forward to seeing the new pictures.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeh, I went for grey side stripes as it will be a one off as the dealership are having them custom made by a vinyl cutting company so will be properly one of a kind :)

Not having any stupid window stickers or crap on this one, gonna be really simple and clean looking

Merc
Thanks guys! Can't wait to get it. So whats that about a monitor for the oil? Am i ok without one or do you recommend that i buy one?

Looks nice, difference between this and a ff 200?

Well it is practically the same only that renault to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the clio offered a 200 with a few special features; chrome side vents, pearlescent white paint with deep black roof, badges on the pillars and one on the interior, stitching on the dash, and thats that. Also quite a bit of extras came as standard so... Im in love and i havent even touched my baby yet lol

Merc
Ah he's back. So what actually happened?

Well i explain... As original figures suggested extortion in Gibraltar is common placed lol (final price here would have been £23k) So i went to Spain 10 minutes away seeking to import the car myself. I went to the nearest Renault dealer and told him what i wanted, he searched for it, located the last remaining 20th anniversary edition (no longer in production) went about his business then gave me his price without VAT as i was exporting. Price was €18,000 euros, i gave him a 2.3k deposit, apparently he couldn't reserve the car for me even with the deposit don't know why. Anyway when i went to pay he came up with even more jargon asking for 800 euros more because he had made a mistake, the paperwork was already signed for the original amount but i ended up getting pissed asking him for the deposit and effed off to the second nearest dealer, an hour later i paid the car in full and here i sit waiting for it.

I never do things the easy way!!!

Last edited: