ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 steering knock

Clio 182
Hey there,

Looking at a clio 200. When I test drove the car. While at low speed and especially while stationary there was a very noticeable knocking sound from the steering while going from lock-to-lock. Easily heard from outside the car too. It's just had an MOT and which it needed a replacement radiator so I doubt it was a dodgy mot technician that passed it without mentioning it on the log.(no other advisories either).

Some other pages say it could be the pinch bolt on the column and not the entire rack. Since I'm not with the car to have it inspected, what is it most likely to be? and what's the worst-case scenario? So I can't adjust my offer on the car to accommodate repairs.
Cheers

Clio Sport
Hey there,

Looking at a clio 200. When I test drove the car. While at low speed and especially while stationary there was a very noticeable knocking sound from the steering while going from lock-to-lock. Easily heard from outside the car too. It's just had an MOT and which it needed a replacement radiator so I doubt it was a dodgy mot technician that passed it without mentioning it on the log.(no other advisories either).

Some other pages say it could be the pinch bolt on the column and not the entire rack. Since I'm not with the car to have it inspected, what is it most likely to be? and what's the worst-case scenario? So I can't adjust my offer on the car to accommodate repairs.
Cheers