ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 versus Toyota GT86

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Having driven an 86 last month and owning a 200, I'd totally agree with that.

They're a great car, the 86; just not quite there yet. The 200's the far better car for me.

The GT86, for me is a better car than the 200.

But, and this is deal breaker imo, it isn't £6000+ better. If they were the same price, my money would go to a Toyota garage, but the price is eyewatering considering what you actually get.

Nissan 350Z
The GT86, for me is a better car than the 200.

But, and this is deal breaker imo, it isn't £6000+ better. If they were the same price, my money would go to a Toyota garage, but the price is eyewatering considering what you actually get.

Indeed. Its good that Toyota have made it, but for me, it should have been £20K or just under. At £25-£30K its the same price basically as an S2000, which was better looking, faster and with a better engine.

Megane r26
I had a play with one of these before the 197 was collected last month, seem very well matched an I liked the look of them. Are the fwd?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
They feel very underpowered though. The interior's very uninspiring too IMO, and actually felt cheaper than the 200 which was weird.

I quite liked the interior on the GT86, the leather alcantara option made it a nice place to be. Personally thought it was a far better place to sit than the Clio.

However for driving performance/involvement it really isnt cracked up to what people have made it, the Clio trounces it in this aspect. Oh and to save yourself £7,500 plus in your pockets not bad either!