ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

(Clio 200) Will a remap solve the artificial throttle feel

Clio 200
I don't know if its just me but the throttle does'nt feel connected to the engine. It feels a bit artificial like the ECU is controlling it. Is it fly by wire??

What i have notice is:

* Slow to rev (i.e first initial touch)
* Hangs on to revs for a split second (don't know if it's there to prevent lift off oversteer)
* When in gear at low revs, you can just brush the throttle and it takes off pretty well, floor it and it will accelerate the same

To me it just does not feel right. Can a remap sort this?

Thanks

Stripped yozza'd cup
Fbw throttle always feels like this.
My cup is the same, it doesn't feel progressive either really, there's a few 'plateaus' in the pedal I find, particularly when it's cold.

It could well be sorted with a remap. Not completely, but improved.

Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
my 200 is remaped it is much better but as i have a new catback system there is a really bad flatspot between 2700 and 3000 revs ! the car is real slow to react but u can drive around this by keeping the revs high ! on a standard car i dont think u will have this.

What you're describing is part of the anti-shunt and emissions compliance strategies. A good remap will improve matters but torque based throttle calibrations can still feel a bit flat in some places.

If you want it mapping we're happy to remap it for you and if you don't think it's worth it with regards throttle response and performance stick it back to standard and refund you.......... saying that no ones taken us up on that offer yet ;)

Clio 200
my 200 is remaped it is much better but as i have a new catback system there is a really bad flatspot between 2700 and 3000 revs ! the car is real slow to react but u can drive around this by keeping the revs high ! on a standard car i dont think u will have this.

So are you saying that the exhaust has added to the part throttle problem. Did you drive your car without the mods or did you have them straight away? I was going to leave this car standard as i've modded too many cars in the past. Thats why i was thinking just a remap to get rid of all the emissions crap and make it run better and a little fruitier. I'm not really interested in going down the exhaust route, i must be getting old :D

Clio 200
What you're describing is part of the anti-shunt and emissions compliance strategies. A good remap will improve matters but torque based throttle calibrations can still feel a bit flat in some places.

If you want it mapping we're happy to remap it for you and if you don't think it's worth it with regards throttle response and performance stick it back to standard and refund you.......... saying that no ones taken us up on that offer yet ;)

Ok :)

Are you Power Engineering as in the one in Uxbridge. If it is, i ran 350bhp on a 3 cylinder Impreza on your rollers :D

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4

How much matt. I might have to take you up.;)

Ly 230 meg & Ph2 172
So are you saying that the exhaust has added to the part throttle problem. Did you drive your car without the mods or did you have them straight away? I was going to leave this car standard as i've modded too many cars in the past. Thats why i was thinking just a remap to get rid of all the emissions crap and make it run better and a little fruitier. I'm not really interested in going down the exhaust route, i must be getting old :D

had them all done at once but i have herd from a couple of guys who run a pannel filter and remap and find it much better.