ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200T Mk4 - My Review

Mental 172 Cup
It's not a back to back comparison against anything other then the previous Renault range though.. Just one persons opinion of the new RS Clio against the 200/197 and older models..

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Good read that, interesting to hear your views on it. You looked to be enjoying it on Saturday!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Luke. I've never liked any Clio really apart from maybe a 197. So my opinion is really worthless on here, it's great that he and many others like it, it really doesn't bother me, I just don't think it's a completely impartial and unbiased review.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I enjoyed that read Josh. I enjoyed the 2 laps i got to drive at Bedford. Still need to get a test drive booked though

clio sport ph 1
I never drove a clio 200T , I drive a leon 1.8 20vt every day (on gas ),also torque from 2000 rpm.......
But it's not the same as the clio . The fun is far off .
I also like the honda's because I like revving the tits off the dam things.
I think the small cars with big NA engines days are gone.......... (because feul , emissions etc......)
The more things on the car , the more things can get broken. ( turbo etc ,electronik)

Cooksport Fleet
Luke. I've never liked any Clio really apart from maybe a 197. So my opinion is really worthless on here, it's great that he and many others like it, it really doesn't bother me, I just don't think it's a completely impartial and unbiased review.

Of course it's bias! I loved it! I got into it with the expectation of it being disappointing. The reason being, the first time I drove one (pre-production model) at brands, I was not a fan at all.

After this weekend of shear driving pleasure, of course I'm bias towards it.

HBT 172 Cup
Torque being a good example - you've said it pulls well, driven in isolation and compared to a NA 200 it will be a monster, but compare to both the 208 and the Fiesta (both of which weigh less and have over 200lbsft vs the Clio's 177lbsft) and it will surely feel a bit weedy.

Ktec Dyno'd there brand new 200T and it put out 225ft lb, dyno jokes aside aparently the 177ft lb figure isnt the peak (just the minimum torque available between say 2000rpm - 6000rpm (i dont know the actual revs)).

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nice review that!

I've not driven any of the new breed, but the fiesta and pug do nothing for me looks wise

I'm intrigued by the clio, White, cup spec for me!

​If they did a good pcp deal i could be tempted

Audi A5
Good review josh.

dont think I can agree with you about the standard exhaust note though, you can barley here anything! I suppose when your thrashing it on track it might be more obvious.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It'll be interesting to see what exhausts become available for this car

Mental 172 Cup
Good review josh.

dont think I can agree with you about the standard exhaust note though, you can barley here anything! I suppose when your thrashing it on track it might be more obvious.

This is a very true statement, however.. When your inside the car it's a very different story. You can hear the exhausts and induction system very well..

Suzuki Jimny
Nice review that!

I've not driven any of the new breed, but the fiesta and pug do nothing for me looks wise

That's the only way they could get out of their launch balls up. £199 a month deal :)

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Of course it's bias! I loved it! I got into it with the expectation of it being disappointing. The reason being, the first time I drove one (pre-production model) at brands, I was not a fan at all.

After this weekend of shear driving pleasure, of course I'm bias towards it.

Maybe bias was the wrong word. Perhaps balance was the right word.

either way at least you enjoyed it :)

Lotus Elise
Nice review that!

This, 230bhp zorst springs and some more downshift blips jobs done.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Just to confirm from a RUK perspective, genuinely no agenda or bias - No money or incentives involved either. I had the car delivered to Josh on Thursday so he could spend some time with it before doing the passenger laps for us and it was collected from him today.

Had no idea he was going to post this until he sent me an e-mail with the link today.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just to confirm from a RUK perspective, genuinely no agenda or bias - No money or incentives involved either. I had the car delivered to Josh on Thursday so he could spend some time with it before doing the passenger laps for us and it was collected from him today.

Had no idea he was going to post this until he sent me an e-mail with the link today.

How much has Josh bunged you to say that Luke? ;)

Just kidding

I don't think it's an advertisement or anything like that to be honest. Just an honest review the way I read it

I'm sure if it was rubbish Josh would have said so

work for BMW
Good write up cheers , its growing on me too but one thing I noticed at FCS which really put me off was how quiet it was on the track. All the other cars roared past me but the 200T was almost silent didn't even hear it coming.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Good write up cheers , its growing on me too but one thing I noticed at FCS which really put me off was how quiet it was on the track. All the other cars roared past me but the 200T was almost silent didn't even hear it coming.

Pretty much all new cars are quiet now days. At Goodwood FoS on MM day, most of the things flying up the hill were dead quiet, except that Polaris volvo S60 and the Ferraris. They are really quiet though. Did you go out on a passenger lap? They sound great in the cabin.

work for BMW
Pretty much all new cars are quiet now days. At Goodwood FoS on MM day, most of the things flying up the hill were dead quiet, except that Polaris volvo S60 and the Ferraris. They are really quiet though. Did you go out on a passenger lap? They sound great in the cabin.

Its a shame really .. Cars like that should be loud and angry! Nope didn't get a ride unfortunately would have loved to though!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Its a shame really .. Cars like that should be loud and angry! Nope didn't get a ride unfortunately would have loved to though!

Fairly sure it's something to do with EU regs. May be wrong though, maybe Munson knows, think he's up on that sort of stuff.

When can I borrow one? ;)

CS Dungeon
Decent honest opinion mate............f**k the haters!!

If anyone's going to buy one of these based solely on your 'opinion' then they're knobs anyway!

Clio 200 Silverstone
great reveiw, looking forward to mine in September. Made the mistake of buying the 0.9 turbo thinking it would be more gutsy :(

and to the guys who aint allowed a test due to there age? I think its just your local garages, I got a shot on one last week, I'm 21

Suzuki Jimny
great reveiw, looking forward to mine in September. Made the mistake of buying the 0.9 turbo thinking it would be more gutsy :(

and to the guys who aint allowed a test due to there age? I think its just your local garages, I got a shot on one last week, I'm 21

Hang on, You thought a 0.9 turbo would be more gutsy than a 1.6 turbo?

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I'm now torn by either the RS focus or one of these....... Might have to get a 200T in a few years

RS6 C7
You would be able to drive one from "some" dealer, I had the same trouble when car shopping as garages have massive excesses on their insurance policies so if you crash they pay!

I test drove a C63 AMG & RS3 / R8 at 20 lol! , Just got to find a trusting dealer..

Agree with Munson. Ridiculously one sided review and smacks of an agenda behind it. Unless this is literally the perfect car, there would be at least one thing you didn't like.

You would be able to drive one from "some" dealer, I had the same trouble when car shopping as garages have massive excesses on their insurance policies so if you crash they pay!

I test drove a C63 AMG & RS3 / R8 at 20 lol! , Just got to find a trusting dealer..

​What are you a footballer? Lol