ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2011 Project

Clio 2011
I've had my Clio 2011 model for almost a year now, due to my insurance company I'm not aloud to mod my car until April/May!
This is my car:
IMG_1099.PNG
I've seen the Project of a 1.5 Diesel of this which I was honestly so surprised about! There are a few things I would like to add to my car just to add that sporty touch to it (yes its a 1.2 lol)
Here's the list of things I would like to achieve over the next few months!

- K-Tec Racing Sprint Rear Spoiler
- 35mm/40mm Lowering Springs (any other recommendations, and what type of lowering springs are best for value?)
- GT 1.6 Front Splitter and Side Skirts (Probably the hardest thing I've ever tried to find on the internet!)
- RS 197/200 Recaro Bucket Seats
- RS 197/200 Steering Wheel
- Exhaust kit? Anything to make it sound a little better than Eco Friendly:tearsofjoy: I've been looking at Induction Kits etc. I don't even know if they fit my model or actually do anything to make the car sound better? If any experts know then could you help me?
- Black/Carbon roof wrap? Opinions welcomed!
- Spraying bits and bobs like Mirrors possibly black? Interior (the chrome plastic around the air vents and glove box) I might spray Red?

Think I've listed a lot here, and its going to take a lot of time and a fair bit of money to do but I'm keen on doing it as I absolutely love my car and after driving it for a few years I'll hopefully invest in the 182/197 or 200!

Any help any of you can offer would be awesome!
Let me know what you think about this as well!

Post pictures when things start to develop further:)

Suzuki Jimny
That looks presentable and tidy as it is. Save the money you want to waste on it and put it towards the 200 you actually want!

Clio 2011
That looks presentable and tidy as it is. Save the money you want to waste on it and put it towards the 200 you actually want!
Cheers mate!
but being an eighteen year old, i'm awful at saving money! Let alone a few thousand pounds lol! I just want to add little bits here and there to feel like I've added my own little touch to the car! The items i've listed some of them aren't a priority, i just think in my head that would be a nice thing to have! More like the Spoiler and getting it lowered is something I definitely want to do!

Clio 2011
Hi Everyone, i haven't posted for what seems a very long time haha! Good news is that i've finally started added my own bits and pieces to the car now to make it stand out even more! I got my 1 years NCB and decided to go with a new insurance company who allowed modifications! Instead of me mumbling on I'll get down to what I've done so far, and what is on the way as I've ordered more things to add to the car! Just let me know what you all think of it, or what changes I should make! Thanks:)

So I knew from the beginning I wanted the KTEC Sprint Spoiler, I went off and bought one and fitted it, I also fitted Wind defectors too!

IMG_3913.JPG

I don't think it looks to bad, it just really needs to be lowered now! The Team Heko wind deflectors, when you add them and the spoiler together it does really make the car look a lot better!

I've also added Black Badges to the car, I'm not really sure what I think of them at the minute! What do you think?
IMG_3920.JPG

IMG_3924.JPG

Sorry about the picture sizes!

When I had my Spoiler sprayed White, I wanted to have my wing mirrors sprayed Gloss Black! With the black alloys and and wing mirrors I thought it might match up quite well! Along with the badges now its slowly adding up and I'm finally feeling really happy with my car as I'm adding my own personal touch to it!

IMG_3926.JPG

That's all I've done so far but within the next week or two I should have done:

- H&R 45mm Lowering Springs (I wasn't sure if this may be too low or not? Let me know)
-20mm Spacers on the back wheels and 16mm Spacers on the front wheels

Any of you guys want to have an input on what you think would make this car look better please let me know!

See you in a week or two with the updates! :)

Audi A8 3.0tdi/172.
Looks really nice mate. Lowering that much shouldn't give you any troubles at all.

I think the black badges look lost, I think adding a white piece in the middle will make it stand out a lot more you know. Perhaps cut a piece of vinyl or have a diamond made up and spray it white then glue that in the middle.

Loose the silver on the handles and side bullets will neaten the side of the car up nicely. Wouldn't take the handles off though can be done on the car easily enough.

Rear wiper delete as well bro.

Looks tidy

Clio 2011
Looks really nice mate. Lowering that much shouldn't give you any troubles at all.

I think the black badges look lost, I think adding a white piece in the middle will make it stand out a lot more you know. Perhaps cut a piece of vinyl or have a diamond made up and spray it white then glue that in the middle.

Loose the silver on the handles and side bullets will neaten the side of the car up nicely. Wouldn't take the handles off though can be done on the car easily enough.

Rear wiper delete as well bro.

Looks tidy

Yeah mate I was thinking that with Badges, needs white in the middle of them I was just wondering how I would get around doing it thats all! What colour what you recommend for the bullets and the handles? White or Black hmm...?

with the springs the car is naturally sat quite high anyway, and one of my mates who had the same clio had his lowered 40mm and said it wasn't a problem so only an extra 5mm shouldn't really make a difference haha!

I didn't even think about the wiper! Thats a good shout I'll have to do that when I have all these bits added on now!

Thanks mate really appreciate the feedback!

Audi A8 3.0tdi/172.
I had to cut my wiper arm spindle as the blade was seized solid, and you have to drill the rivets off the inside but it's all easy stuff.

It would be white 100% mate, freshens up the side so much, my black 200 looked mean once done.

De-tango the front lights with silvertec indicator bulbs is a nice mod.

Front spoiler would look pretty cool too....

Clio 2011
I had to cut my wiper arm spindle as the blade was seized solid, and you have to drill the rivets off the inside but it's all easy stuff.

It would be white 100% mate, freshens up the side so much, my black 200 looked mean once done.

De-tango the front lights with silvertec indicator bulbs is a nice mod.

Front spoiler would look pretty cool too....

The bulbs are like the hardest things to fit in the world! I've cut my hands open so many times when changing the bulbs!
The front spoiler, now thats the thing I've been trying to find and I literally have no clue where to look? Do you know of any sites or places that sell them? And how many variety's are there? I know of the GT front splitter/spoiler, but does that fit on with ease or no?

Audi A8 3.0tdi/172.
The bulbs are like the hardest things to fit in the world! I've cut my hands open so many times when changing the bulbs!
The front spoiler, now thats the thing I've been trying to find and I literally have no clue where to look? Do you know of any sites or places that sell them? And how many variety's are there? I know of the GT front splitter/spoiler, but does that fit on with ease or no?

There's no front spoilers that fit on mate, it would have to a custom fit one like a seat Leon cupra R one.

Or like a carbon mods one all flat and held in place underneath.

There's a few thick black plastic ones like extensions on eBay.

Indicator bulbs are really easy mate ha.

Clio 2011
There's no front spoilers that fit on mate, it would have to a custom fit one like a seat Leon cupra R one.

Or like a carbon mods one all flat and held in place underneath.

There's a few thick black plastic ones like extensions on eBay.

Indicator bulbs are really easy mate ha.
I'll have to have a scan around on the internet now!

I've never changed the indicator ones, just the main headlights and that haha!

Clio 2011
Haven't posted in this for ages, I basically started to change everything i got carried away and never kept posting about my updates on the car! I got her lowered 45mm with H&R lowering springs and 20mm spacers all round so she sat nice, low and a little bit wide! Here are the comparison photos!

IMG_3940.JPG

IMG_4023.JPG

Clio 2011
My next aim then was to get the GT rear bumper and an exhaust back box to try and replicate the GT look! (Still a year on I've had no luck trying to find the GT front splitter or sideskirts!)

Here's the day I got the GT bumper off ebay for £100, had it sprayed and fitted for another £100, it started to really come along then!

IMG_5120.JPG

Clio 2011
This was back in the summer around August time of 2015 if any of you wanted to know!

Anyway about a week after I had the GT bumper on I'd booked into LongLife Stainless Steel exhausts in Caerphilly, South East Wales.
I only wanted a back box system just to make the appearance of it look good, but also I wanted it to have a bit of noise about it ;)

The back box is a twin tip, 3 inches with a rolled tip. Costing me £179!

IMG_5340.JPG

Clio 2011
There's not much else I really want to do to it anymore! Apart from trying to find the GT splitter and sideskirts, I don't think I've done a bad job at trying to replicate the 1.6 GT!

I've only now just updated this because today I've had the rear windows tinted black so the White and Black theme really does look the part! :)
I was considering getting the roof done gloss black, but there's a line between smart and chavy and I don't want to ruin the car!
I'm really happy how much first project has turned out, there has been once or twice I've wanted to get rid of her, but I always fall in and out of love with the car!

Anyone want to suggest anything feel free!

I'll post some more pictures of her