ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 3 dci 86 rear brakes

GW Stage 2 R26
Can you buy the pads and discs separately for these? Local garage tried telling my gf that you can't buy the discs without the pads for these for some reason!? Seems strange to me.

GW Stage 2 R26
Why is it bad practice?? They didn't actually say that mind. They said you can't physically buy them seperate.

Why is it bad practice?? They didn't actually say that mind. They said you can't physically buy them seperate.

As far as I'm awear they can be sourced separately I've never known them to be sold only as a pair !

its bad practice because the pads will already be bedded to that disc and therefore will have a wear pattern along with the disc , therefore when you swap the discs , the pads will only be touching the disc is certain places where the shape of the old disc has worn it !
Plus 9/10 a set of pads isn't the most expensive !

The garage have more than likely said that because people do try to cut corners!

The discs are Available on there own £19.50
http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/brake-disc

And the pads £20.10

http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/brake-pad

Clio DCi III
Does it not have drums on the back? I know mine does anyway.

I purchased my discs and pads for the front separately from 2 different local motor factors. The discs were £20 & the pads £24.

GW Stage 2 R26
No discs at the back. And they include the hub/ bearing hence them being expensive. And also why they have never been changed I'd imagine

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Does it not have drums on the back? I know mine does anyway.

I purchased my discs and pads for the front separately from 2 different local motor factors. The discs were £20 & the pads £24.[/QUOTE

No ESP, no rear discs.