ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 3 lll airbag check message 06 new shape seatbelt pretensioners activated

clio dci 1.5 dynamice
Hi I have a clio 3 1.5 dci dynamique 85 AC NEW SHAPE 2006
I had an accident somebody hit me in the rear of the car, car was classed as a cad d and I have bought it back from the insurance company.
No airbags went off but the front seatbelt pretensioners went off and are now tight in the seat (the seatbelts clip in fine). After a full repair on the bodywork the car would not start but would turn over every time the garage tried. Also every time I put the key in the ignition the hazards flash and I have to manually turn them off by the button.
I took the car to Renault and they reset the computer and now the car starts but they told me I would have to replace the airbag computer at a cost of £400 , they stated if I didn’t its possible that the car may not start in the future. I decided not to carry out the work and took my chances that the car would start. The car starts no problem but the hazard light still come on every time I put the key in the ignition and also the I have a spanner light which states check airbag.

My personal conclusion is that I need to change the seatbelt pretensioners and get the airbag accident data removed I hope there is someone that can help me, if so how do I take the computer out and where can I buy pretentioners from for both the front seats, is there anyone that can do all of this??

Just a question of query is there a switch on the clio 3 06-09 that can turn off the passenger airbag off I cant seem to find it,

Any help or advice will much appreciated
Thank you for reading

www.renparts.co.uk
Hi, you need to speak to this guy on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...68991322?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM

he does all our airbag computers for us, if you send the unit to him he should be able to restore it to original operation. Buy a set of used seabelts (the pretensioners are in the belts on the mk3's). Just make sure the part numbers on the reels are checked as there are a couple of different types on the mk3. Any Q's feel free to PM or call.

clio dci 1.5 dynamice
hi thankyou so much for your reply, will use the company reccomended
do youknow if i can take the ecu out myself or will i have to get somebody to do it?
will the car still drive without an airbag ecu?

Megane dci 130
Yes the ecu is under the centre console bolted to the floor. I dont think the car will run without it unfortunatly