ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4 To be 5 door only

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Last edited:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'm not really a fan of 3 door cars, although I will concede they do look better from a styling point of view. For me however, I prefer having a door that isn't comparable in size with something that can be found on a barn. I'm also not a fan of people climbing over things to get out. Three doors are a pain in the hole if you have folk in the car quite a lot, which I do.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not really a fan of 3 door cars, although I will concede they do look better from a styling point of view. For me however, I prefer having a door that compatible in size with something that can be found on a barn. I'm also not a fan of people climbing over things to get out. Three doors are a pain in the hole if you have folk in the car quite a lot, which I do.

I find 5 doors on my Fabia vrs very handy.

IMO though a smallish hot hatch like the RS Clio should come in 3 door guise.

This will put alot of people off no doubt. Lets face it, most RS buyers will be young-ish and a 5 door just isnt "cool".

I personally dont like 5 door cars, dont like how the door pillar is right next to your head and such.

Wont be buying. Shame.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
5 doors do nothing for me. Focus ST looked OK, but the 3 door was better, so too was the Mk1 Meggy. I'll reserve judgement, but to me a 5 door RS clio is not in keeping with its ethos.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Just noticed the new RS Twingo in the AC thead also!

twingo.jpg

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Comeon guys, this is exactly what the Clio needs! Bigger, more weight and a smaller engine. IDEAL.

White clique
This will put alot of people off no doubt. Lets face it, most RS buyers will be young-ish and a 5 door just isnt "cool".

I personally dont like 5 door cars, dont like how the door pillar is right next to your head and such.

Wont be buying. Shame.

i'm not so sure TBH, most buyers of these new are going to be slightly older than the usual clio owners on here for example, late 20's / early 30's, these are people who may be put off Clio at the moment as they are 3 door if they have kids etc - so actually it probably opens up their target market even more. Whislt many clio owners on here are young (early 20s etc), that is not who they market these cars to.

No one with eyes will buy the Twingo, now no one under 35 will buy the Clio, HUGE win for Ford with the new ST Fiesta.

i'm not so sure TBH, most buyers of these new are going to be slightly older than the usual clio owners on here for example, late 20's / early 30's, these are people who may be put off Clio at the moment as they are 3 door if they have kids etc - so actually it probably opens up their target market even more. Whislt many clio owners on here are young (early 20s etc), that is not who they market these cars to.

That a good point actually mate, most new buyers are older chaps, Renault wont care about the younger chaps who arn't buying them at new prices...

Mk5 golf gti
No matter how old I get I wouldn't buy a 5 door Clio I would get something different if I needed 5 doors.

5 doors can GTFO I certainly won't buy one

Mini Cooper S sport
What is it with Renault and awful front ends? If they got rid of those silly spotlights it would look 1000000% better.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
I'm sure we're not seeing the full picture here with regards Renault's line up of forth coming models, but as said by several already, a Clio not available in 3 door is very disappointing and seems to break away from what RS was once all about with the 172.. the early Megane and before that the Sport Spider. Are Renault turning their back on the spirit that once was Renault Sport? I really do hope they have something else up their sleeves to take the place of a 3 door hot hatch. The 'Wind' is not a worthy replacement!!

Jap Box
That new twingo looks horrid, way to many lights on the front end for such a small car, 5 doors on a clio doesnt make sense either really, surely they have the megane more for the 5 door market.

White clique
congratulations, you are the one renault were looking for!!!!!

i'd happily be seen in that car.

CS Kills me sometimes, not a comment pointed at anyone in particular, but i have been slated many times on here for having the sheer GALL to admit i buy cars on looks over practicality and performance.

And now we have the worlds biggest renaultsport clio fans saying they wont be buying one... because it has 5 doors. Shows how loyal the following is!

For me if the clio was truly about the drving experience as some would have us beleive, then the number of doors means nothing surely?

Passat
I don't think anyones said it's a 'pure driving experience'. We'd all be driving Caterhams if that were the case.

What bugs me is every model seems to be outgrowing itself. The Clio is supposed to be a cheap small car generally owned by people who don't need a load of space. RS took advantage of that and produced what is possibly the best hot hatch in it's class. If it's owners wanted practicality then they would look elsewhere

ITB'd MK1
i'd happily be seen in that car.

CS Kills me sometimes, not a comment pointed at anyone in particular, but i have been slated many times on here for having the sheer GALL to admit i buy cars on looks over practicality and performance.

And now we have the worlds biggest renaultsport clio fans saying they wont be buying one... because it has 5 doors. Shows how loyal the following is!

For me if the clio was truly about the drving experience as some would have us beleive, then the number of doors means nothing surely?

I for one couldn't care less how many doors the clio has. If it looks good, then great, have to wait and see. I actually prefer the 5 door Megane

Evo 5 RS
meh,

I don't see any mention of RS there? Can someone correct me if I'm wrong. Until I see 5 door Renault Sport Clio I R NOT convinced

I actually almost bought a 5 door mk1 RT last week lol. Nothing wrong with 5 doors! (On a hot hatch though?)

Nissan 350z
So if the Twingo has become the new Clio, and the Megane is still... the Megane. Where exactly does the Clio fit into Renaults line up anymore?

Does that mean the 200 will be the last Clio hot hatch? And now there is just a choice between Twingo > Megane ?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Twingo looks like the PRingle man - or the Monopoly guy. Pants.

5 Door Clio RS - Off my list - i'm an anti social bast'!

Black 172
I got told off for buying my 172 because "it's going to be much harder to put the child seat in the back now, you didn't think of that or me did you". She kept on for ages.

Renault has probably been nagged to death by women of child-bearing age who've said a 5 door is necessary and they won't buy one otherwise.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
meh,

I don't see any mention of RS there? Can someone correct me if I'm wrong. Until I see 5 door Renault Sport Clio I R NOT convinced

I actually almost bought a 5 door mk1 RT last week lol. Nothing wrong with 5 doors! (On a hot hatch though?)

There will be no 3 door clio at all, so if there is an RS clio it will be 5 door only