ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4RS guesstimate prices (almost) released...

BG 182
Re: Clio 4RS prices released...

Tell me this isn't a picture of one...

Screenshot.jpg

Can't be. Oh and the price is ridiculous.

Isnt it the yellow one, further down the article.

RB Clio 182
Coming from owning a lot of vauxhalls in the past and owning a corsa vxr for the last 4 years, i thought i would make a change and try a renaultsport.

I love the high reving engine and how you have got to work it to make it go, changing down at every corner etc, its all part of the fun.

The corsa vxrs were good cars but were more boring as you didnt have to work it as much, i find the little 182 alot more fun with its screaming engine compared.

Its dissapointing to me that they are going down the smaller turbocharged route the same as everyone else, and whats more disappointing is the auto box being used!

Its going to take the fun right out of the driving experience imo. I find the manual high reving engine alot more fun than my previous 1.6t vxrs, but atleast the vxrs had a manual box to keep you a little entertained compared to the new clio :(

Ahh well we will just have to find out when it comes out to see what its like.

Lionel Richie
Decent paddle boxes are inevitably going to take over from manuals eventually, I agree with that from the article, although as J.B says costs need to come down first, and it used to sadden me the manual box will one day go till I drove an F430, but now I dont mind as it didnt take away from the drive, it added to it in some ways being able to keep the engine on song so well without even need to take my hand off the wheel, and I do agree that in 20 years time people will think it laughable that people once had to manually alter the speed the clutch engaged at using their foot.
I still like manuals at the moment but only cause 99% of my point of reference is rubbishy autos and slow paddles, but when you get paddles right it works well in a performance car.

How many people who really dislike paddles in this thread also really dislike seqential gearboxes like a sadev out of interest?

you can't really compare a paddle shift DSG flappy b****cks box to a full blown race car head banging whiner! I mean you still have to heal and toe with a proper seqential (unless you're a crap driver with no mechanical sympathy)

DCI 80
I love how people are telling other people that they'll like the auto box!

I won't. Unless i'm slouched in a car with a very low seat and a fat comfy armrest, a la big BMW/AUDI etc, I like manual gearboxes. I don't care if the auto box is faster than the speed of sound and has 35 seamless gear changes, I like changing gear using a clutch and a stick. It's as simple as that.

Hear! Hear!!!!

Fiesta ST200
I said this, BTW as were local would like to see how my lil clio compares to your focus down some back roads sometime ;)

I don't doubt it's quick down 'back roads'. I had a 182 cup and a 200. I love them and I know what they are good for.

Make it a track and it might be interesting ;)

lighting a match here

does anyone really believe the clio will manage 0.62 in less then 6.9 the bench mark for everything else

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
you can't really compare a paddle shift DSG flappy b****cks box to a full blown race car head banging whiner! I mean you still have to heal and toe with a proper seqential (unless you're a crap driver with no mechanical sympathy)

Yep flat shifters are the nuts until they go wrong). You only really need to heel n toe on the way down to stop it locking up, especially in the wet. You can with most not use the clutch on the way down as well but I wouldn't.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Not really. Speedlines didn't look aftermarket.

But this is what happens when you design your own.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Pricing will be released 14th Feb and ill be putting them in the Renaultsport e-newsletter so make sure you sign up !