ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clio 57 plate 1.4 turbo?

Renault Clio 1.4
So I have had my Clio for a year... I love it, its the perfect size, dropped a sub in and new speakers to go in it soon. However there's never enough power when I really need it. Its relatively quick but as a 1.4 it struggles to pull... in any gear lol. I want to drop a turbo into it, I don't mind doing all the work myself however I'm not very educated on turbos even after the thousands of videos :D. does anyone have any recommendations? or any experience. I know its probably not a good Idea but Im set on doing it and I would love the communities advice on what turbo would be best. For all round power would be great but even if it kicked in 3500/4000 rpm i would love it.

Thanks for reading,

InterMeVan.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
megane engine would cost much the same and be less hassle for 250-300hp

if you just want a turbo sell it and buy a 1.2 turbo one probably wont cost you much if anything to do the swap depending on the age/condition of your car.

TRW Performance do a turbo kit for that engine if your set on it a lot of cost and work for 160hp though when the 1.2 turbo just needs a set of injectors, downpipe and intercooler to run around 150hp