ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio abusers!!!

The people i work with all drive BMWs, Mercs and MGs we even have one lad with an MX5, yet i daily take flak for driving a Renault Clio, Why do you drive a supermini? Womans car? Its looks horrible? Why did you waste your money?

Waste my money - it was the best £11500 i ever spent. I have even shown a clean pair of heals to my bosses CL 320 and MG ZT+ 190. They just cant see past the end of there noses.

I enjoy my car, it puts a smile on my face everyday - shouldnt this be enough. Being only 22 i cant think of a better car to own.

Does anyone else suffer this abuse for driving a clio sport?

:D yeah sometimes but i no there only joking about. Im 21 and for the price i paid you cant get a faster car considering my age. At the end of the day just ignore it mate, its a quality car and im proud to own one.

end of the day they are people to whom the badge is everything and mainstream opinion guides their choice and they probably know sweet FA about cars, i wouldnt worry tbh. A few people i know have given me stick for mine but you notice when you see them off on the road or they realise your car has alot more kit than theirs they soon go quiet.

those "nicole?" "papa!" decided the Clio would always be a girls car..

oh well, i dont care, it looks great imo, and is a fantastic car for a 19 year old to own! :) and im much more proud of it than I expected to be

People at work didnt like my Clio when it was modified..i could see their point, i was slightly embarrased of looking like a boy racer to clients and started reversing my car into my space so no one saw the exhaust! Everyone loves the Mini though..:)

-Rob

Ziel Nurburgring

Im not bothered what people think of my car. They dont get the pleasure i get from driving it, and knowing it will out perform and out handle their family rust bucket.

As for reps, there aint nothing better than chasing and arrogant rep up the road (obviously within the limits;)) and making them pull over to let Nicole past.

CRX 16v, Golf SE

oi! thats a cheap shot at Thierry Henry....leave him alone

but yeah, youll always get people who reckon their car is better than yours just because of a badge. I mean I like my jap cars etc, but I still like the clio. My dad drives a porsche, and he doesnt mind the clio.

Not everyone is like that but I know what you mean, as some people are really narrowminded...

Hey,

Whats wrong with the MX5, Ive got one of these (Roadster) as well as the 172?:)

I get more trouble from the BMW, Rep types when i am in the 5 than i do in the 172!!

Dave

midlife there is nothing wrong with an MX5 (Best roadster ever built) just cant justify someone who owns one as there sole car to call my 172 a girls car!

"Adie"

Totally agree with you, there is no way a 172 is a"girls" car.

If the wally in the MX5 is giving you crap just let him know that hes in a

"hairdressers car" with only 140bhp! Then burn him off!

However, i do rate my Roadster higher than "hairdresser" status as

mine runs a turbo putting out over 190Bhp:D

Dave

I got all this when I was buying our car, "get a golf" "get a bora(ing)" get this, get that. Now all I get is "you still driving that clio" I think they are all clueless, sometimes helps to have a copy of EVO in your drawer and force them to read it. Idiots.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Love my clio! Leaves people at the lights;).
In other words-it speaks for itself!

3.0ltr V6

So you get told by people that you drive a girls car hey! Well im the opposite. I always get told that my V6 is a BOYS CAR and I shouldnt be driving it as im a girlie. People will always look to criticize just to make themselves feel better. They will either have a car they hate but cant afford a better one or just plain jealous! Let it go in one ear and out the other.

Quote: Originally posted by warine_warrior on 09 February 2005

Im still shocked that someone who owns a Rover, sorry MG, can give you banter about owning a Clio :confused:
Ill second that!

Next time he says something, just say "But you drive a Rover, need I say any more!"

renaultsport clio 182

Quote: Originally posted by Barryd on 09 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by warine_warrior on 09 February 2005

Im still shocked that someone who owns a Rover, sorry MG, can give you banter about owning a Clio :confused:
Ill second that!

Next time he says something, just say "But you drive a Rover, need I say any more!"
ill third that,as above then get onto him about mg metros/montegos

tiTTy & SV650

I drive a 182, get some stick for having a clio but this is from people who are jealous more than anything cause they drive 1.6 206s 1.1 saxos etc so I dont pay much attention! One guy accused it of just being a clio (after I said it was pretty much a sports car) :oops: Which I think it is...

I know a girl with a 172, but wouldnt call it a girls car!

Enthusiasts car I d say :D