ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio advice needed.

I do alot of miles with the Clio I have got at the minute. So I am thinking of getting a first generation Clio either a 1.4 or a diesel as a run about car. (to try and keep the miles low on the new 53 reg Clio for when I trade it in) What should I look out for with first generation Clios when buying one?

Thanks

Mark

to be honest Clios aint exactly renowned for holding their value, youd be better just driving it and getting rid when you get bored with it or want something different or quicker.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by mark_n on 20 September 2004

I do alot of miles with the Clio I have got at the minute. So I am thinking of getting a first generation Clio either a 1.4 or a diesel as a run about car. (to try and keep the miles low on the new 53 reg Clio for when I trade it in) What should I look out for with first generation Clios when buying one?

Thanks

Mark
Whats your mileage at the moment mate?

Depends the milage your going to do.

I take it the Clios not on finance?

But milage wont matter much to its value and with servicing so cheap its probably better to use the 1.2 all the time or swop and get a a dci if your doing big milage.

Assuming a 1.2 with 10k vs a 1.2 with 40k are for sale the 40k then one will be worth say £5k the other £4k (assuming ther 3 yrs old say) so milage isnt a big factor.