ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Billabong: Electrical Fault / Toxic Fumes lights on dashboard

Posting on behalf of a mate with a 1.2 Billabong, please help...

Hi, I've got a problem with my clio!!!
I came out of work a few weeks back and the two lights, Electrical Fault and Toxi Fumes, came on. The car lost all performance and I couldn't get above 20-25mph.
I called the AA who came and showed me what was wrong, basically the casing around the loom had gone through it (a common fault I now see after reading the forum).
The little computer that he plugged in said that it was a throttle sensor switch error (think that's what it was)
It went into the Renault garage and by the look of it, they either replace the wire or someone recovered it in the plastic stuff, put a load of insulation tape around it and gave it back to me.
All was fine, until a couple of days later when it happened again. I checked the wires first this time, and they all looked ok. This time it actually lost performance in transit rather than as I turned the engine on.
I took it back to the garage and they then replaced the "throttle sensor switch", which they should have done in the 1st place if you ask me, but there we are.
It's now gone AGAIN. same problem as before.
I took it in and they said they will look into replacing the "Throttle motor housing", excuse for lack of motor knowledge if I'm wrong; but this will probably then mean replacing the loom as well.
I'm just looking for any thoughts on this really and whether doing what they should be doing??
All this is under warranty, thank god, but it's not the point :eek:(