ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Billabong (mk1) Door Speakers

300bhp MR2 Turbo
My mates mrs has a ph3 mk1 Billabong and wants to uprate all the speakers. But it only has them in the dash???

If I take her door cards off, will the mountings still be there for speakers?

IE the same as a normal mk1 Clio door speaker mountings.

300bhp MR2 Turbo
It's a 1997 - mk1 pase 3, I know my Clio's!
I'm positive it's a billabong but to the point - even though it has no door speakers and blank door cards are the mounting points still on the doors behind.
IE can I cut the door card or get replacements and still screw speakers into the doors.

I would imagine that all clio doors of the same shape are the same underneath the door trim, if in doubt i'd take off the trim & have a look in the door.

300bhp MR2 Turbo
I just can't be arsed to fcuk about all day getting them off. Why Renault had to glue the buggers on is way beyond me.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
All day getting them off? It's a case of undoing (...let me count n my head) about 9 screws and then pulling the door card out and up. Doesn't tak long at all.

As far as I know all mk1's have the speaker holes/mounts in the metal of the door (even with a blank door card).