ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio bonnet not closing properly

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
I've just got back from working abroad for 7 months, and I went to get my clio back on the road today. I reconnected the battery and tried to close the bonnet, but it would not shut properly, it was slightly raised like when you pull the bonnet release lever. After having a bit of a look I isolated this as the problem, it would open but then not close again by itself. I sprayed a ton of wd40 on the exposed bit of the wire and the spring, and it now closes properly, but I'd like to know what parts of the mechanism i should grease to make this better, what i should use, (wd40, grease or something different) and how often I should do it.
Cheers guys

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
all you have to do is take your car to any Renault dealership and ask for the bonnet catch recall to be done, they should also give your car a quick look over too for free.

Mk2 Ph1 Clio Sport 1.4
I got the letter, it went in with the previous owner, and since then the catch has been greased at every service, seems strange, but it's probably just because its been stood still so long. Thanks for the replies guys, I will take it to renault

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Is there any sign of rust? even the tiniest amount and they should replace it again!