ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Campus 1.2 8v Project

Hi guys

This is my first post so go easy ;) here is my car as it was when I bought it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415836685.697403.jpg

Decided that I wanted to make it into a 182 replica so I decided to do a couple of things myself first without spending too much...

De-badge & rear badge wrap
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415836765.616583.jpg

Front badge
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415836815.353285.jpg

I then bought some Twingo GT alloys off a mate of mine which I think really suit the car! Planning on getting them sprayed black/anthracite (please help).
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415836899.728473.jpg

Next plan is to replace the headlights. Not decided between angel eyes (personal favourite. Don't shoot me;)) or xenons to go with the 182 theme...

Things I have planned over the next few months:

Headlights
Coilovers
Alloy refurb/respray
RS Grill
182 Front and rear bumper and side skirts
Window tints
182 full interior (inc steering wheel)
Wind deflectors
Exhaust system
Finally, new sound system.

I appreciate that not all of you will agree with some of the things I want to do but personal taste haha. Any suggestions will be greatly received.

Thanks guys

Tom

Clio 182
Welcome along :smile: some people dont like them, but I I agree with wind deflectors and tints look smart on a black car. Just my opinion,and I would say some 182 alloys wheels would look good :smile:
Edit: I only saw the 1st pic of your wheels haha, they look good

Thanks mate! From what I've seen, there's only a real limited number of people that like them but I must be one of those. But in regards to the alloys, yeah that's what I ultimately want but it's trying to find some at a decent price. I just wanted to get rid of the steelies and wheel trims for some proper alloys haha. Thanks for your input!

Clio 182
Thanks mate! From what I've seen, there's only a real limited number of people that like them but I must be one of those. But in regards to the alloys, yeah that's what I ultimately want but it's trying to find some at a decent price. I just wanted to get rid of the steelies and wheel trims for some proper alloys haha. Thanks for your input!

Yeah alot of people they look tacky, but I like them :) also just a suggestion, you can get a rear spoiler that is colour coded the same as your car as well as colour coded mirrors :) yeah you can get them for about £100 now I think. I suppose its just doing things a step at a time :) good luck with it all

Yeah I like them too. I've had a look at the dynamique/172/182 spoiler, the mirrors and also the door strip and bullets. It's mainly timing everything right where the perfect things come along at the right time. But hopefully by summer you'll be seeing me at some of the shows! Cheers. Be sure to check back every so often to see what else I've done!

Well it's been a couple of months since I last updated my thread and money has had to be spent elsewhere :confused: However, had a bump and decided on a couple mroe things to be done. The list I originally made has now changed order drastically and for now, I'm going to be trying to get all the cheapish things done and then go to the more expensive mods. Without further ado, here is what I have done since I last updated:
New Radio with BT
Temporary fit of some 6x9's (Much better sound quality)
Angel Eye Headlights. Need to do a bit of playing to get them properly aligned.
Carbon Fibre wrapped the interior

In regards to my original list:
Headlights - Done
New sound system - Radio done, speakers to be done
Alloy refurb/respray - Very soon to be done
RS Grill - Looking at one this weekend
Coilovers - Not Done
Window tints - When I have more money
Wind deflectors - When I have more money
182 full interior (inc steering wheel) - Undecided
182 Front and rear bumper and side skirts - Undecided
Exhaust system - No longer want

More plans are:
Colour code all the exterior
Campus Sport spoiler
Maybe Retrofit fogs

I'll get some photo's posted when I get home and have my pictures.

As always, any recommendations let me know! Also, if anyone sees any parts that I want in the marketplace please let me know!!

Thanks guys.

Clio 182
Your car is looking great once it's lowered it will look good. colour code everything and u should get the 182 headlights.
I was going to lower mine but not going to bother now as I'm going to get a Volkswagen caddy will be doing work on that.
But I still love my Clios nothing will beat them and maybe I'll get a sport 200 cup one day.

But back to your car yours is great I wish mine was metallic blue or black.

great work mate :up: