ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio center display not showing radio or CD

Clio 182
Hi,

When i bought my Clio last year it came with a Clarion head unit which broke a few weeks ago so bought a standard CD changer that came out of a Clio Sport.

I have just fitted it and all went well but nothing is showing on the display apart from the time. I have connected all the right connectors, and it is receiving a signal from the radio as when the car is switched off and i press the power button on the radio the display lights up but still only shows the time.

A connector came with the stereo which has a different wire configuration than the one I have in my car.

Anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Thanks

Will

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Hi,

When i bought my Clio last year it came with a Clarion head unit which broke a few weeks ago so bought a standard CD changer that came out of a Clio Sport.

I have just fitted it and all went well but nothing is showing on the display apart from the time. I have connected all the right connectors, and it is receiving a signal from the radio as when the car is switched off and i press the power button on the radio the display lights up but still only shows the time.

A connector came with the stereo which has a different wire configuration than the one I have in my car.

Anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Thanks

Will

might have something to do with the stalk controls. i had the same problem with the connector on my pioneer, looked like the right connector but it was actually wrong, for a different year of clio. chances are, thats ur issue.
maybe get a cd changer out of another clio on the same year? i dunno.

I might be wrong on this so folks in the know don't bite my head off!

There are two types of stock head units which will change based on the year of your car.
There is the 'Update List' and the 'Tuner List' radio and one of them will be incompatible with your stalk.
I think it's the little yellow plug that connects to your display and stalk and it's not just a case of rewiring - you cannot swap a Tuner List for an Update List (or vice versa)

Update List uses the CAN bus to communicate with the external display.
Tuner List uses an I2C interface instead.

Drop MT Audio on here a PM, he will fill in all the blanks.

Clio 182
Thanks guys,

Sounds like I have the wrong unit. I have the Tuner list one so will get an update list one and see if that sorts the problem.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Ill let you know how i get on.

Thanks

Will