ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio conversions is it easy?

citroen c2
hi there i used to own a oasis clio 1.2. and i drove a williams one the other day and now i realy miss my old clio so was thinkin of getting a 1.2 agen and doin a engine conversion but dont knw what would be possible and if its easy or not? any help please cheers! :)

citroen c2
whats a valver? lol. and i have cash 2 spend but wanna knw what im gettin myself into first before i do or start anythin.

ph1valver.jpg

MK1 Clio 1.8 16v AKA Valver.

Can be had for around £1k
Take a look here: http://www.clio16valver.co.uk/board/index.php

citroen c2
cheers m8 id love to have a 1.8 16v or the williams bt its just the insurance it kills me that sy im finkin of the conversion lyk.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
cheers m8 id love to have a 1.8 16v or the williams bt its just the insurance it kills me that sy im finkin of the conversion lyk.

So the Plan is... Convert a 1.2 to a larger engine and insure it still as a 1.2 to save money?

jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828.jpg

A conversion will be more expensive to insure than a straight car, unless of cause, you dont declare the conversion. If thats the case, save yourself a load of cash and just dont bother buying any insurance, afterall, not declaring modifications, especially an engine conversion, will void your insurance anyway, so you'll have been paying for nothing.

Stagecoach Ticket
Doubt a valver is tht expensive to insure anyway if not maybe look towards 1.4 8v phase 1 clios? 1.2 16v phase2 clios?

Converting will proberly cost best part of 2k even if you can do most of the work yourself when you factor in Parts, brakes, wheels, suspension etc etc

+ the £800 on a decent oasis shell

for 2.8 surely you can buy a 1k valver and spend 1800 on TPO insurance must be able to get that surely!

1.8 power 1.8 suspension and brakes 1.8 insurance 1.8 looks 1.8 re sale value
Thats a far better option tbh no hassle no fuss just a nice legit pokey little car

citroen c2
yeye ur right m8 iv only been on confused.com 2 luk for insurance cheapest i got was £2300 id pay £1800 if i cud get it down to that
iv seen a 1.8 16v for £800 on net and luks in mint condition wiv not much milage on the clock eitha.
i think im jus lukin for summet 2 play wiv e.g. strippin it bucket seats that sort of stuff.

Try looking for a mk1 RSi (1.8 8v) as they are great little cars.

Also try typing in correct english, not txt spk.