ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio cup accident

172 cup
Hi guys i own a modial blue clio cup, i am breaking it due to an accident.
What parts are worth taking off it? Sorry for this and i know this is common knowledge but i have tried using the search and couldnt get clear answers and have literally today to strip the bits off i need.
I'm thinking the alternator bracket is different and it has different hubs and shafts but i couldnt work out if that was definate.
Thanks
Connor

Before...
111_zps12762e85.jpg

After....
941633_10151508075449926_567817589_n.jpg

172 cup
Was going to ask about the side strip but doesn't look like there is much left of them! How did you manage the one?

172 cup
null_zps2190222e.jpg
Came off the track and rolled it 4 times at 100mph+. Fixed back bucket seats and harnesses saved my back, walked out of completely uninjured, except a stiff neck lol.
Heres the roof, caved right in and took a big hit.
It had a ktec exhaust on it hence the twin exit, the only undamaged panel on the car was the rear bumper lol
For sale thread coming soon lol

172 cup
Was going to ask about the side strip but doesn't look like there is much left of them! How did you manage the one?
What bit do you need, i have some undamaged bits lol. Wasnt gonna bother removing them as im missing the passenger rear part

172 cup
Wheels were suprisnly perfect, only had them refurbed a few weeks ago, put them on the balancer and there still fine, but there sold already.

1.2, 172 Cup soon
Ah what a bummer, lovely looking car but if youre fine thats what matters! I would just literally take anything off thats in working order and some form of repairable state and sell literally anything and everything! then just scrap it, Good luck mate!

172 Cup
oddly enough your side windows appear to be undamaged and I believe they might be special on the Cup (or am I talking rollicks?)
other than that the ecu/body module thingy/immobiliser/keys etc might be worth selling.
cup dampers are unique but probably mullerd.

was going to give you a rollicking but as it was on track I'll let you off.
sorry for your loss.

Cup In bits
Glad your ok. That's the 3rd cup without a cage I have seen rolled on track and they hold up really well around the b pillars.

I'll take the handbrake if it still has the rubber boot and the lower RS stamped inlet, coolant temp sensor and thermostat if its not rusted up. PM me

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Bloody hell ya did a proper job of that! Glad your ok, and yeah, the Clio has held up well. Wouldn't like to think what the outcome would be if it was a saxo instead

172 cup
It was at brands at surtees bend, back came out after letting off due to a slow moving car and highsided me causing me to roll.
I will pm people later who have on as im still busy stripping it. Shame about the car but its only metal in the end of the day :)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just goes to show how strong these little french tin cans are. Glad you were able to walk away, cars can be replaced people can't.

​Saying that how many good cups are there for sale?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Im interested in the black bulk head trim, the one that sits at the back of the engine.

​I can see its still on your car.

FF Racing Blue 182
Jesus Christ that's bad

I done that to my brothers p reg corsa sport back in the late 90s it only had a few 1000 miles on the clock

He only got £350 for it and i paid the finance off

172 Cup
My bro told me about this - sorry to hear about the accident! :( Such a shame about the car but the most important thing is that you're uninjured.