ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio cup advice

clio 1.5dci
Hi,

I'm still debating going to see this car its only half an hour away from me,

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2085014.htm

Sent a a few emails back an fourth and its sounds good other than the guy selling was under the impreshion the cam belt was to be be done at 72k miles no matter what the age so that hasn't been done but the fan belt (guessing it was just the belt not the other bits) has been changed recently (an its got no tax.)

My worry is getting it then having to spend 450 on belts and maybe another 200 for a dephaiser(?) pully and another 130 to tax it.

Whats are your opinions on buying it and what its worth?

Does anyone know any thing about the car and or have been to view it?

Regards,

Steve.

Have you HPI'd it? Front end has had paint at some point. Might have been tidying up, but worth checking into it. Give it a good inspection.

It's not that cheap when you consider it needs a good service, but it's not far away, go and have a look. If it's no good, don't buy it.

You've probably spent more time messing about emailing than it would have taken to go and see it.

PH1 V6
That advert is wrong:

For a start a 172 cup does NOT have aircon, it has 16" alloys not 17" as stated. Doesnt have heated door mirrors either.

If its a cup it wont have aircon or such like.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
That advert is wrong:

For a start a 172 cup does NOT have aircon, it has 16" alloys not 17" as stated. Doesnt have heated door mirrors either.

If its a cup it wont have aircon or such like.

Cups had an option for aircon

monaco172 and ph1 172
Panel lines look very good at the front, deffo had the bumper at least painted (bumper grill stickers missing). Wouldnt say it had been crashed though, however need to look deeper (front cross member chassis legs, subframe etc. I would say its worth 3k all day long if it is really tidy and the wheels are still ok etc. They have a nasty habit of losing allt their paint and pitting badly. Steering wheel etc looks good.
At the end of the day there are a lot of clios out there cheaper but depends on what you want to pay and what quality you want your car to be. Personally i would go see that one and if it is good as it looks in the photos then haggle for it as tidy ones with low mileage are harder and harder to come by.

Scott

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Cup badges missing off the door?

04 plate but doesnt have cruise buttons on the wheel (was that option?)

monaco172 and ph1 172
cups dont have cruise that was the whole point. And i had a normal 172 on 04 with no cruise, at that age it was whatever was lying about at the time got registered. It may be 04 but was probably built early 03 and sat about for a year. The cup badges fall off so easy pressure washers can knock them off 20 quid fix though

Westy. MX5
The only way to see if it is worth buying is go and have a look. A genuine Cup will have SLI on the oval sticker in the door shut. A/C and cruise are probably options at the time.