ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cup Front Bumber (the black plastic bit)

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I went to get a price for this today from Reanult but they say its not coming up on their computer!

Does anyone know the Part Code for this as I would like to get it fitted to my car.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Well, give them a chance to update their computer system and it will appear. Ill ask my Renault mate...

The Cup brochure I have at home mentions summat about the front bumper being different, but I believe it is just that plastic trim.

Suppose I should have checked the other night when I was driving one and I parked next to a mk2!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

The dealer I went to had one in the showroom but it did not have the plastic bit fitted. But every other picture I have seen has it fitted.

Williams 2, STi N12

Calm down Jilly!! Just because the boys are talking about a bit of black plastic, it doesnt mean that they are on about the same thing as what you are thinking of.

Rs197r27

geordiepau

I have also been to my renault dealer for the same reason and I checked on the cup they had in the showroom. The reason they are not fitted is so they dont get damaged in transport and it is fitted when the car is PDIed. You are correct because the car is new the current parts cd nor the Renault dealer internet parts system has the part number on it yet. I was told to try in a months time this would be after the next update. FYI the part number you require is 8200248910 i managed to obtain this part number of the the 172cup in the showroom as it was on the rear seat.

regards
Richard

Rs197r27

Mike

The black plastic bit we are talking about is about an inch deep and it fits onto to the bottom of the 172 front spoiler
Regards
Richard

Astra 1.9cdti XP

It looks different though! And I want one.

rg172 - is that the part no of the front splitter of the VIN no of that clio cup?

Astra 1.9cdti XP

If you feel under your bumper there are a few screws that dont actually screw into anything. I would amagine you use those!! But not sure.

Renault Laguna Coupe

That worked well didnt it. Theres a thread in exterior mods called induction (or similar) Ben has posted some pics of a silver 172 which seems to have the same black plastic bit.

Just a thought, but the Clio 1.6 Dynamique has a nice rubber spoiler on the bottom of its front bumper......which may look quite nice on the 172

Rs197r27

geordiepaul

That is the part number and it is standard to all 172 cups. I do not know what the vin number was.

Richard

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Its not on the Reanult Computers yet. Well the price anyway, the part is there and I can confirm the part no printed ealier in this thread.

S2000

I went to look at a Cup at the local Renault Dealer (Kirkcaldy), it has no front splitter! Whats going on there, is it an option?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Teady -

It is a standard item on the Cup (mentioned in brocuhure) but it doesnt come srewed to the car, to stop it getting ripped off in transit.

Wont have been fitted yet and is probably either in the back seat or in the boot in a plastic bag.

So, just "borrow" it then...